Citibank

ckcsaber

Reaction score
Hi guys.

The commercial I am thinking of is fairly current. Last time I saw it was about 2 days ago.

Overall, from what I remember the commercial had a very minimalistic view, using a LOT of white. I don't remember what specifically went on in the commercial, but I am only looking for the song playing.

The portion of the song used in the comercial was ALL instrumental, with only an acoustic guitar playing and possibly a faint electric guitar in the background. Mind, I'm not a guitarist, but the guitarist was sort of twanging the strings individualy, so it WAS NOT PLAYING CHORDS. Just individual notes.

Overall the music was played semi-softly and was fairly catchy.

Godspeed.

btw,
Thanks in advance!

O....M....G

I <3 YOU

YOU KICK SO MUCH ASS, THAT THE WORLD WOULD GO INTO AN ASS SHORTAGE BECAUSE YOU KICKED...IT....ALL.

Seriously, the song I was looking for is "slow down" by the Feelies. I would not have found it without you, sir.

You are my coolest person of the month.

Thank you again.

I think there is an older man flying a remote control plane - I'm not exactly sure I was nearly asleep. It is just guitar - starting with a simple melody, then getting more layered. Anybody?

Volckervolpe -

I know the commercial to which you are referring, as this song as been haunting me for some time.

Omegaman already answered this song for CkcSaber on another thread (see "Citibank Commercial - Answered").

The song is, "Slow Down," by The Feelies, from their 1986 Twin/Tone album The Good Earth [Track #10].

(I confirmed that this is the same song by listening to the music sample provided by AllMusic.com.)

Hope this ends your quest.

Thanks K,

The weird thing is, I had that album when I was in high school. I guess I'll have to dig it out of the basement.

Anytime!

You know, I've had the hardest time finding a copy of that album -- in stores or online. If you transfer the album to a digital format, I'd be interested in knowing about that. :)

The song "Slow Down" by the Feelies appears as Track 13 on the "Something about Charlie" soundtrack. It's still readily available - I just got my copy from Amazon and it IS the song. Couldn't find the original album - it's out of print.

Switch that - the soundtrack is called "The Truth about Charlie". It stars Mark Wahlberg and Thandie Newton in a remake of a Cary Grant picture.

Back