Starz Encore Westerns

jmshumakersr

Reaction score
Does anyone out there watch Starz's Westerns Channel? This past week they've been playing a commercial for their movies that contains the lyrics "move on back"; at least that's what it sounds like. The song doesn't really sound like a country music type song to me but since it's the Westerns Channel I'm sure it is. The commercial shows clips from Unforgiven, Open Range, etc. I have seen it in the evening after each episode of Gunsmoke, both the 6 & 7 p.m ET showings. If anyone knows the name of the song and the artist I would greatly appreciate it beause Starz hasn't bothered to respond to my quastion about it. Thanks.

:) The song is "Blue on Black" by Kenny Wayne Shepherd. The Album is "Trouble is" Awesome song.

Thanks to both of you for your help. Since I heard "move on back" instead of "blue on black" I guess I need to get my ears checked. Come to think of it, my wife heard the same thing so I guess both of us will.

Encore Westerns: Ride The High Country

I'm looking for the name of the guitar song used in the background of this promo. It's run for about a week or more from 01/20/13 until today 01/27/13. Help would be appreciated.

Encore Westerns

This month Encore Westerns Channel is running a teaser commercial for the Movie High Noon with Gary Cooper that is going to play Next Month. There is this Slow Western Music with a clock song a church bell and a steam locomotive whistle in it. I used my iphone to check the song via the app Shazam and it keeps returning the artist: Greg Reeves, song - Pine Box. But Iam unable to find this song online. Is there anyone who knows the true name of the artist and song for this teaser commercial of the movie High Noon. The commercial has been playing all this month of March 2013. Thanks

Re: Encore Westerns

This month Encore Westerns Channel is running a teaser commercial for the Movie High Noon with Gary Cooper that is going to play Next Month. There is this Slow Western Music with a clock song a church bell and a steam locomotive whistle in it. I used my iphone to check the song via the app Shazam and it keeps returning the artist: Greg Reeves, song - Pine Box. But Iam unable to find this song online. Is there anyone who knows the true name of the artist and song for this teaser commercial of the movie High Noon. The commercial has been playing all this month of March 2013. Thanks

I have been wondering the same thing since the first time I heard this music on Encore Westerns. I also heard it as background music on the TV show Hillbilly Blood: A Hardscrabble Life. After weeks and weeks of searching here's what I found out: The name and artist Shazam gave you is correct. However Greg Reeves is part of a company called Cordovan Music. They make music and jingles for TV, commercials etc. Below is a link to the complete orchestral song. I don't hear the train whistle like on Encore, it must have been added by Encore, but it is definitely the song. I haven't taken the time yet to read on their website about downloads or if it's even available for public purchase but there is contact info on their main website: http://www.cordovanmusic.com/ the link to their library where you can listen to the song is: http://cordovan.sourceaudio.com/#!explorer if it doesn't take you directly to the song just enter Pine Box in the search box. Hope this helps!
--Tony

Re: Encore Westerns: Ride The High Country

There is a commercial for the James Garner movie "Hour of the Gun" in which the background music reminds me of the Chris Isaac song "Wicked Games" with the same haunting guitar threads. I am fairly certain that it is not that song so, does anyone know what the song could be?

Re: Encore Westerns: Ride The High Country

Encore Western channel is now playing another intriguing song for their newest commercial with movie clips,I don't know if it is Toby Keith,Jason Aldean or who the male singer is,but the song has some line in it like "the devil's on your back" or "got your back" or something similar.Does anyone out there know it? Thanks

they are running a new commercial about some of their movie lineups with a song that I am wondering about,too,has anyone heard it?

song used in encore westerns for shows coming up during day with word 'COWBOYS" in it

Looking for the song western channel uses to tell upcoming shows during the day with the word "cowboys" in it. Sounds like a male group.

encore westerns upcoming shows

Anyone know the name of the song used to advertise upcoming shows like bonanza, bat masterson, etc.? Has the words "cowboys" and "take you to the rodeo"in it.

Re: encore westerns upcoming shows ad song title and singer?

Anyone know the name of the song used to advertise upcoming shows like bonanza, bat masterson, etc.? Has the words "cowboys" and "take you to the rodeo"in it.

I hear one that is just a long sinister, drawl kind of guitar phrasing without words they use all the time and I can"t tell you who does it, might be that it was composed just for the Encore Western channel's use and isn't a song at all... I heard one Friday, Aug. 29, 2014, for the first time that sounds sort of cajun to me with a rockin beat and low, malevocal fairly up tempo that could be danced to... starts with the words... "down in the valley where the river flows." and I Googled those first lines lyrics which turned up Ed Hartcourt's "Undertakers Strut" but I heard Undertakers Strut and it didn't have at all the same driving beat that the one on Encore Western had, so I don't think its a match... anyone heard it and knows the title and composer, kindly let me know... thanks.. MonsoonKid

encore western

Does anyone by chance know the song playing during upcoming events ad for young riders and wild bill hickcock on starzs encore western channel It is not really country music but I really like it and this is driving me crazy lol Thanks kerri:eek:

Re: encore western

I also want to know what song it is. I can't seem to find the commercial anywhere online. The lyrics go something like "I've got a devil in my soul", or something like that, and I can't seem to find the song from those lyrics.

Re: encore western

I'm trying to find out who sings the song you hear during the promo for the Burt Lancaster Collection on Starz Encore Westerns that has the line "Running like a Rebel"...

I sent a request to Starz, but no reply as of yet. Watching Starz Encore Westerns, I DVR all the Maverick episodes. Right before the start of Maverick, they show a number of movie clips and the song goes like this

"Dark Horse, renegade, vigilante - they call me an outlaw"

I have been searching the internet without any success for weeks now. Anyone have any information on the ad song?

Thanks!!!!!!

Back