Advertising

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Status

Default Re: Encore Westerns

Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by uh1hhuey View Post
    This month Encore Westerns Channel is running a teaser commercial for the Movie High Noon with Gary Cooper that is going to play Next Month. There is this Slow Western Music with a clock song a church bell and a steam locomotive whistle in it. I used my iphone to check the song via the app Shazam and it keeps returning the artist: Greg Reeves, song - Pine Box. But Iam unable to find this song online. Is there anyone who knows the true name of the artist and song for this teaser commercial of the movie High Noon. The commercial has been playing all this month of March 2013. Thanks
    I have been wondering the same thing since the first time I heard this music on Encore Westerns. I also heard it as background music on the TV show Hillbilly Blood: A Hardscrabble Life. After weeks and weeks of searching here's what I found out: The name and artist Shazam gave you is correct. However Greg Reeves is part of a company called Cordovan Music. They make music and jingles for TV, commercials etc. Below is a link to the complete orchestral song. I don't hear the train whistle like on Encore, it must have been added by Encore, but it is definitely the song. I haven't taken the time yet to read on their website about downloads or if it's even available for public purchase but there is contact info on their main website: http://www.cordovanmusic.com/ the link to their library where you can listen to the song is: http://cordovan.sourceaudio.com/#!explorer if it doesn't take you directly to the song just enter Pine Box in the search box. Hope this helps!
    --Tony

Status

P.S.... try this link instead, it should take you directly to the page where you can click play to hear the song. --Tony
    http://cordovan.sourceaudio.com/#!explorer?s=pine%20box

Status

Default Re: Encore Westerns: Ride The High Country

There is a commercial for the James Garner movie "Hour of the Gun" in which the background music reminds me of the Chris Isaac song "Wicked Games" with the same haunting guitar threads. I am fairly certain that it is not that song so, does anyone know what the song could be?

Junior Member crowleysridgegirl's Avatar
    Status

Default Re: Encore Westerns: Ride The High Country

Encore Western channel is now playing another intriguing song for their newest commercial with movie clips,I don't know if it is Toby Keith,Jason Aldean or who the male singer is,but the song has some line in it like "the devil's on your back" or "got your back" or something similar.Does anyone out there know it? Thanks

Junior Member crowleysridgegirl's Avatar
    Status

they are running a new commercial about some of their movie lineups with a song that I am wondering about,too,has anyone heard it?

Status

Default song used in encore westerns for shows coming up during day with word 'COWBOYS" in it

Looking for the song western channel uses to tell upcoming shows during the day with the word "cowboys" in it. Sounds like a male group.