Closer

Jeez, looks like a movie I'm going to utterly not love...lol.

Anyway, the song is "Caramel" by Suzanne Vega. I actually have never heard it before, but was able to decipher some of the lyrics near the end and ran a search for it. Here are the lyrics:

SUZANNE VEGA LYRICS

"Caramel"

It won't do
to dream of caramel,
to think of cinnamon
and long for you.

It won't do
to stir a deep desire,
to fan a hidden fire
that can never burn true.

I know your name,
I know your skin,
I know the way
these things begin;

But I don't know
how I would live with myself,
what I'd forgive of myself
if you don't go.

So goodbye,
sweet appetite,
no single bite
could satisfy...

I know your name,
I know your skin,
I know the way
these things begin;

But I don't know
what I would give of myself,
how I would live with myself
if you don't go.

It won't do
to dream of caramel,
to think of cinnamon
and long
for you.

-Jean

hi,

i'm a big fan of this song as well. that last movie i heard it in was "the truth about cats and dogs." anyways, you can find the song from that soundtrack or suzanne vega's album "nine objects of desire"

Thanks claytoaj & AmelieMellow for your help :ph34r:

I on he other hand actually think it will be good, and I'm not even a chick flick julia roberts fan :D

:D Thanks to all who posted info on these songs used in the "Closer" trailer. I just saw it on the E! movie preview show - it looks good! And I was intrigued by the music - a haunting song - thought I recognized the voice, but couldn't place it as Suzanne Vega. Thanks for posting the lyrics, Claytoaj!

I saw the trailer on E! Preview today too. Movie looks interesting. Cool song too. For those intersted, you can also find "Caramel" on Suzanne Vega's "Retrospective: Best Of" album. Link goes to available audio sample, track 4.

all i have to say is how grateful i am towards you souperbait because i wanted to know the first tune of the trailer and so i tried to look for it lyrically but i didn't find crap but i did find the 2nd song by suzanne vega that was a cool song.
thanks

i was wondering there are 3 songs played in this trailer the 1st one is a male vocal the second is also a male voxcal and the las one is suzanne's caramel

Originally posted by souperbait00@Aug 1 2004, 02:00 AM
Thanks claytoaj & AmelieMellow for your help :ph34r:

I on he other hand actually think it will be good, and I'm not even a chick flick julia roberts fan :D
Forget Julia Roberts. Look at Natalie Portman. WOW! She can flirt with me anytime.

The search feature! WOW! :-D

Originally posted by Mr.Movies&mall@Aug 22 2004, 06:15 PM
i was wondering there are 3 songs played in this trailer the 1st one is a male vocal the second is also a male voxcal and the las one is suzanne's caramel
actually its the only 2 songs. the two male voices is the same song. they just cut it so that the chorus kicks in.

I was wondering if anyone knew what the second track played in the TV Spot for the movie "Closer" is. The trailer can be seen here, but make sure to click "Watch TV Spot" instead of the actual trailer. The song I'm looking for starts right after the announcer says "One moment..." about halfway through. Thanks in advance.

that's a toughy. .i couldn't hear any lyrics and can't recognize the music. .

Oh well, this isn't the song you want then - this is the first song in the TV spot, in case anyone is interested:

Damien Rice - "The Blower's Daughter" from the O album. It can be heard here:

Damien Rice music

Beautiful song - thanks so much for pointing it out! :D

Here are the lyrics, if anyone is interested:

THE BLOWER'S DAUGHTER

and so it is
just like you said it would be
life goes easy on me
most of the time
and so it is
the shorter story
no love no glory
no hero in her skies
i can't take my eyes off of you
and so it is
just like you said it should be
we'll both forget the breeze
most of the time
and so it is
the colder water
the blower's daughter
the pupil in denial
i can't take my eyes off of you
did I say that I loathe you?
did I say that I want to
leave it all behind?
i can't take my mind off of you
my mind
'til I find somebody new

i could be wrong. .but isn't there 2 different songs? first is damien rice and then after the announcer says "one moment" it does go to another song but with no lyrics?

can't make out what she is saying but i just saw a "Closer" TV trailer with a girl singing a song. .anyone?

Well, I don't know the name of the song yet, but I really recognized it. It was also used in the trailers for ABC's "Desperate Housewive's".

no that's not it. .but thanks for tryin. .it's more of a slow sexual type of song

alright here we go. .since you mentioned it was in a desperate housewives thing i searched the forum for it and found it!. . .Jem "Come on closer"

Back