Fox Sports

truebeliever

Reaction score
I don't know if this same song is used in the Fox commercials around the country, but here around NYC, Fox has been airing these commercials for playoff games that have this great guitar thing playing in the background. I also don't know if it's something that was written specifically for the commercial, but I have a feeling it's an actual song.

It sounds like just a guitar playing by itself (in a bass-y style), and it's a very simple short part looped over and over again. The commercials are for upcoming playoff games and they show previous game highlights while a male voice over says things like, "Can A-Rod and the Yankees get another victory?" in a tough-guy sounding voice.

Again, this is a total stab in the dark here, but I figured I'd give it a try. Thanks!

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the name of the instrumental song used in a FOX Sports promo that has been played after the baseball playoff games. The ad promotes the World Series, the Super Bowl, and the Daytona 500. It is an all instrumental song, but I have heard it before and don't know what it's called. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Are you talking about that little so-cal punk riff instrumental? I've been looking for that song for a while now too. I hope someone finds that b/c it's been stuck in my head for a good long while too. I can't remember where I first heard it. I think it may have been a Six Flags ad (not very sure about that one though). Someone please help us out on this one. I gotta know.

It's not a punk instrumental that I'm thinking of. This song was also used in a Campbell's Soup commercial a year or two ago.

I think the one your talking about is Rage against the machine, geurilla radio.

Its sort of a heroic theme, all orchestrated, right? I was killing myself over this song last night too! I'll try to remember it!!!

Yes, it is sort of a heroic theme, and it is all orchestrated. It will be on again after tonights World Series game or any of the World Series games.

Thanks for the link, but I checked the CD, and the song I am looking for is not on that CD. Thanks though.

i just saw the fox commercial for the world series here and i dunno if it's the same song but the commercial here uses the song "jacqueline" by franz ferdinand hope this is the right one :)

I'm sorry...but I don't have a link for the song. I hope it's not a custom song, cause those are almost impossible to get. This song has been around for a few years though. I've seen the ad also following FOX's NFL broadcasts too. I'm really desperate to find this song.

The song was from the movie "Requiem for a Dream" and was written by Clint Mansell, performed by him and Kronos Quartet.

I've been looking for this song forever too.

Its also been used on NFL Films productions.

I checked an old thread I posted in here a while back:

Its by Tom Hedden, called Introduction, The (aka "Open")

http://www.cherrylane.com

This commercial is a bit dated, maybe a month or two back, but it advertised Fox Sports, the SB, Daytona, etc. It is not the normal theme you hear on FOX. It was a dramatic, instrumental orchestra type song with a melodic theme. If it helps, this song was in the Lord of the Rings Return of the King Video game, lol, first place I heard it.

What is the guitar instrumental tune that is played during the FOX College Sports promos for basketball?

Says "Revolution" Has catchy rock guitar riff and is on a commercial for Fox Sports Nascar that started just before the Daytona 500 last sunday. Been looking for this forever! Fox uses it quite often during the baseball season also before it goes to commercials.

Thanks.

Haven't heard the ad. Could it be "More Than a Revolution" by EleventySeven?

Fox Sports BCS

I've looked all over for a clip of this commercial, but it doesn't seem to be on the internet so I'm hoping someone saw it. It's the commercial that Fox runs advertising the BCS college football series - it's a short little spot but in the background is an upbeat guitar that sounds very familiar as if part of a popular song, but for the life of me I cannot find the song. Anyone seen this or has any ideas?

Back