MirrorMask

oh! good question. i'm still digging around. but according to neil gaiman's blog "the music's not actually music from the film". i know this doesn't help much at all. ;)

perhaps you should email him? he regularly answers email on his site. couldn't hurt to try?

good luck,
l.

So far all I've been able to get on the trailer music was that it was used in the movie "Phenomena" I haven't been able to get audio clips from the soundtrack so I can't say for sure what song it is. :unsure:
Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks for the information...that at least gives me a starting point. :D

Listened to a lot of the Phenomena songs so far...still haven't found it. The songs I've heard sound way too "early 80's"...the song in the trailer seems more contemporary.

I'm still looking but Yahoo isn't co-operating :(
Can't wait for the movie tho

Yeah, I totally agree. This is a perfect case where the dark music adds to the overall mystery of this movie. It hooked me and I can't wait to see it.

Hmmm... I dunno it either, but I do know something that sounds sorta similar to it. The track "Melodie" from the anime Noir has a similar effect.

From the Neil Gaiman website (http://www.neilgaiman.com/journal/2005_03_27_archive.asp):

When the first MirrorMask Teaser went up, we mentioned that the music wasn't from the movie, and people started to ask write in to ask where it was from and who did it. And I said I'd try to find out.

So for everyone who was wondering, Michael Polis at Hensons tells me it was by a composer named Fletcher Beasley. And a quick google gives a website at http://www.beatrevolution.com/ for the curious.

If you don't have an imdb account, I think you should get one. Although, the people there don't know what it is exactly, either. Most people think it's part of the score, but another person says that the old trailer contains score music but the new one does not. Another person thinks it sounds like William Orbit. There is a listing for the soundtrack on amazon.com (Sept. 20), but there are no samples to listen to yet. I like the music, too, so I think we're just going to have to wait a while.

Originally posted by nathanalways21@Aug 4 2005, 12:17 PM
If you don't have an imdb account, I think you should get one. Although, the people there don't know what it is exactly, either. Most people think it's part of the score, but another person says that the old trailer contains score music but the new one does not. Another person thinks it sounds like William Orbit. There is a listing for the soundtrack on amazon.com (Sept. 20), but there are no samples to listen to yet. I like the music, too, so I think we're just going to have to wait a while.
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll keep an looking for it.

Back