Laguna Beach The Real Orange County

saucemofo

Reaction score
Anyone know the song used in the trailer for the new MTV show "Laguna Beach-The Real Orange County'? The ad was on during the MTV awards last night - it's a guy singing over an electronic beat - reminds me of something along the lines of the Pet Shop Boys and other 80s synth pop

Yes! Thanks a Million! Been looking for the song for awhile. Really appreciate the help.

since the show hasn't started, i posted here....

this is another ad for the show; in it the premise is explained.....

about the song: male, lyrics i heard were "eveybody around here lives in silence"
i really don't think its the postal service....

i couldn't watch it on this computer...., but thanks anyway!!!
has anybody seen this commercial?!!!!

bbrocks,

Was it a band, or a mellow soft kinda techno? I've seen two of them, And I am looking for the mellow soft techno theme, MTV has played this tune before.

And also to bbrocks, I DLed the thing from mtv.cm and its the rock band theme..not what I m looking for but might have been yours

i'm after the rock band theme, then!!! maybe you are after this one: "Such Great Heights" by Postal Service

in this ad, a female does the voice-over; in the other one that uses the postal service, it is a male voice-over.

i heard more lyrics: I've been caught in a trap I've set for myself

i know someone has to know this!!!

BB, you want "Silence" by Gomez. Link goes to available audio sample, track 3. Also available for download from .

the mellow soft techno theme that kyle's looking for is "such great heights" by the postal service.

any description? genre/type of music, lyrics, male/female vocals, etc?

i've seen two different commercials for that show. i don't know which you're referring to, but one of them uses the shins' "kissing the lipless". good stuff for what looks to be a crappy show ;)

actually that is all the information i have. I've never seen it, a friend is asking. Ill try the shins, thanks minusmew.

Originally posted by minusmew@Sep 21 2004, 05:32 AM
i've seen two different commercials for that show. i don't know which you're referring to, but one of them uses the shins' "kissing the lipless". good stuff for what looks to be a crappy show ;)
amen you can say that again, another gay show, with stupid cali surfers, why dont we add cheerleaders in it and some drama

definitely the shins's "kissing the lipless". it's a pity they're using really good music for this television show, which looks awful.

edit: and being the moron that i am, i did not read that someone else already posted the answer. haha.

yeah that one of the songs...but i was thinking about the one thats on the other commerical they have for the show... but thanx anyways

Back