Ferris Bueller's Day Off

kayman324

Reaction score
This tune really gets to me evertime I watch 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'. Its the tune that's playing when the three of them are looking at the paintings in the Chicago Art musuem ( Cameron is looking at the painting and the camera zooms in on the painting/ they are all standing in one line/ Ferris and Sloan kiss).

Could someone please tell me they know who the composer is and the name of this song!

It's called "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want" by Dream Academy.

Wow :eek: I'd also always wondered what that song was. Hadn't even thought about it for a few years though and was just randomly looking through posts. Awesome :eek:k:

I've seen the soundtrack listing on IMDB but I can't seem to find/figure out which song it is.

But I'm looking for the song when he's running home racing against his parents to get there.

I believe it is The (English) Beat - March Of the Swivelheads.

is this the same version they played in the movie? in the movie, the song sounded more orchestral/instrumental

While the credits role, what is the song that's playing? Artist and song title anyone? Or if anyone can provide a location to the film's entire soundtrack, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Ferris Bueller - Where are these songs?

I just got the Ferris Bueller's Day Off OST from La La Land Records, but not all songs from the movie are on there due to licensing issues, so I set out to put the songs that are in the film but left off the soundtrack back in, so I checked the soundtrack from the end credits but couldn't find where the following are used within the context of the film:

• The Bridge by Feargal Andrews, Frank Kearns, Eoin McEvoy, Wayne Sheehy Performed by Cactus World News Courtesy of Mother Records Ltd.
  • Children of the Revolution by Marc Bolan Performed by Violent Femmes (as The Violent Femmes) Courtesy of Warner Bros Inc.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off soundtrack

Where were these songs used in Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

The Bridge
by Feargal Andrews, Frank Kearns, Eoin McEvoy, Wayne Sheehy
Performed by Cactus World News
Courtesy of Mother Records Ltd.

Children of the Revolution
by Marc Bolan
Performed by Violent Femmes (as The Violent Femmes)
Courtesy of Warner Bros Inc.

Re: Ferris Bueller's Day Off

The name of the song is "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want" that is performed by The Dream Academy It was used for the museum scene in John Hughes classic film Ferris Beuller's Day Off.
Ferris Bueller's Day Off Limited edition songs are played.
-Love Missile F1-11
-Oh Yeah Yello.
-Beat City The Flowerpot Men.
-B.A.D. - Big Audio Dynamite.
-Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want. The Dream -Academy. and a few more...
James Brown wrote Please Please Please lyrics.

Back