Garden State

:what: She's not talking about a song in that clip and there's no song playing. I'm not sure what you're asking for...

actually it's in the "something wrong with your head" clip and the song is the shins' "new slang" from their debut full-length "oh inverted world," the song is also on the garden state soundtrack.

thanks for the link though, the clips are golden. i want to see this now.

I know what you mean. Very rarely do I get such good feelings about movies. Once was watching a trailer for the original star wars trilogy being re-released in theatres. Another one was for "Being John Malkovich". Now I'm getting that feeling, and I'm 100% sure that this movie will make Zach Braff look like a brilliant director, and a fantastic actor.

The scenes from the trailer are so obscure and weird, but I love them. My favorite has to be the scene where 20 people are in a row to jump in a pool at the same time. We see them all jump in but one, Braff's character, standing there with his shoulders slightly hunched and looking out of place. It's a beautiful scene.

If you haven't seen it, Garden State is a great movie! For those who have seen it, does anyone know what the song is that they play in the movie when Natalie Portman starts dancing in front of the fireplace? It's a great song and it's not on the soundtrack.

Thanks!!

I wish I could describe the song. I was so into the movie, all I can remember is at that particular point, I thought that song was amazing. LOL, I don't even remember the lyrics. It sounded a bit acoustic.

Sorry, I know this isn't much help.

Mike

Lyrics:

Drink up, baby, down
Ooh, are you in or are you out?
Leave your things behind, 'cause it's all going off without you
Excuse me, too busy, you're writing a tragedy
These mess-ups
You bubble-wrap
When you've no idea what you're like

So, let go (so, let go)
Jump in
Oh well, what you waiting for?
It's alright
'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown
So, let go (yeah, let go)
Just get in
Oh, it's so amazing here
It's alright

It gains the more it gives
And then advances with the form
So, honey, back for more?
Can't you see that all the stuff's essential?
Such boundless pleasure
We've no time for later
Now you can wait
You roll your eyes
We've twenty seconds to comply

So, let go (so, let go)
Jump in
Oh, well, what you waiting for?
It's alright
Just get in
Oh, it's so amazing here
It's alright

(nice-sounding ad-libby stuff here)

So, let go (so, let go)
Jump in
Oh, well, what you waiting for?
It's alright
Just get in
Oh, it's so amazing here
It's alright

Is this the song you wanted? Let Go, by Frou Frou. Are you a Harry Potter fan, 'cause I have a fantastic (TRULY AWESOME) Harry Potter POA songvid with this song if you're interested. You need an e-mail account capable of transporting large files, though (it's 6-ish MB, but totally worth it 'cause of the vid and the high-quality song).

How was Garden State? My friends and I were about to see that movie, but then we ended up watching The Bourne Supremacy, instead (not my decision).

Frou Frou is primarily a Europe-based duo (Imogen Heap and Guy what's-his-name, the latter of which has also written songs for Madonna), so they're not all that well-known in North America.

I'm rambling, aren't I? I'll stop now.

Hope that helped.

That's not it. The Frou Frou song is in the trailer. I'm talking abou tthe song in front of the fireplace in the movie.

Anyone know where I can get a list of all the songs from the new movie 'Garden State'? It has a great score and I'd love to know the songs not just on the soundtrack, but the rest of the movie as well. Thank you!

whats the song at the begining scene on the airplane its an indian song - but i dont think its the thiervery coruption song.

Originally posted by pylorns@Sep 19 2004, 07:32 PM
whats the song at the begining scene on the airplane its an indian song - but i dont think its the thiervery coruption song.
The song at the beginning over the plane crash is a Hindu prayer to Ganesh. I heard it and thought it was both haunting and beautiful at the same time.

If anyone can give me a sample of that part maybe i can tell the exact name ^^

This is the official soundtrack. The other tracks are listed at the end of the movie for anyone who might go see it (or see it again). I might go see it just for that reason...and of course, it was a good film. Anyways. Here is the official list.

1. Don't Panic - Coldplay
2. Caring Is Creepy - The Shins
3. In The Waiting Line - Zero 7
4. New Slang - The Shins
5. I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You - Colin Hay
6. Blue Eyes - Cary Brothers
7. Fair - Remy Zero
8. One Of These Things First - Nick Drake
9. Lebanese Blonde - Thievery Corporation
10. The Only Living Boy In New York - Simon & Garfunkel
11. Such Great Heights - Iron and Wine
12. Let Go - Frou Frou
13. Winding Road - Bonnie Somerville

well if you are meaning the song that plays when natalie starts to dance. .it's wonderfuuuul. .and it's Remy Zero "Fair" and that is on the soundtrack :D

it's when they are at the stop sign discussing about going to his friend's mansion. .and it's just music i don't hear any words. .and i checked on Amazon for the soundtrack to hear the songs but i can't tell if it's any of those. .anyone have an idea?

The part where a line of about 20 kids holding hands stops them in the little green mobile?
Yeah i know the part you mean. If it was just music and humming it might have been The Shins - New Slang. Maybe. Listen to it and see. :)

that is the part. .but no it's after that song ends. .thanks though

Im so glad that i bought the soundtrack.

The Shins = *tears*

Sam Beam's voice in Such Great Heights...wow

Is it just me, or does everyone listen to the whole soundtrack, and skip Bonnie Somerville's track at the end?
Maybe it's just me but when I listen to it i feel like im watching Sweet Home Alabama.
I guess her and Zach Braff being together has alot to do with my feelings.

Well anyone who thought that Garden State was ... wow ... will enjoy this soundtrack. It's the first thing that I've impulse bought and haven't regretted buying afterwards.

Zach Braff, you're a genius.

Back