Song heard on Cinemax ad! Who is it??

Spiderwolf

Reaction score
I was watching the second Matrix movie tonight on Cinemax, and a Cinemax commercial came on with a fantastic song Ive never heard before. They were showing scenes from various movies as the song played. " Its times like this", and "I need you here" where two of the lines oft repeated but thats all I can remember, except its a fantastic song and I have to know who does it and what the name of the song is! Has anybody else heard this yet, while watching Cinemax? Please, somebody help!!

yeah i heard that exact same song too unfortunately i can find of the name of the song either maybe there someone out there who knows the spiderwolf stated some of the lyrics which are same ones i can remember. Does any know or have heard of the song?

I haven't seen what you're talkin about, but was the song sung by a guy? when you said the line "times like this" it made me think of the song "Times Like These" by the Foo Fighters. The chorus goes like this...

it's times like these you learn to live again
it's times like these you give and give again
it's times like these you learn to love again
it's times like these time and time again

just a guess, sorry if I'm no help

Originally posted by xtreme316@Aug 16 2004, 07:04 PM
yeah i heard that exact same song too unfortunately i can find of the name of the song either maybe there someone out there who knows the spiderwolf stated some of the lyrics which are same ones i can remember. Does any know or have heard of the song?
Hey extreme....were you watching the matrix also when that promo came on?

It is a guy singing by the way if that helps, but I just checked out the Foo Fighter song suggested and thats not it! Anyone else know who that was?

OK people, I just heard it again and Tivo`d it so I was able to pause and scribble down some lyrics. Maybe somebody will recognize them:

Your the song thats stuck in my head
I try to think of something else
It keeps coming back again
Does she want a way out(? not sure of that verse)
Im just trying to breakout
There you go turning up again
Its times like this I need a friend
I`ll take a hit and hold you in
Cant live ,cant breath Im underneath
Its times like this
I need you here with me
here I go turning up again
Itys times like this I need a friend
I`ll take a hit and hold you in
Cant live cant breath Im underneath
Its times like this I need you here with me

Thanks for anyone who can help identify this song! It was once again played after the Matrix ended, after a few commercials. They show a montage of various movies while the song is playing.

Thats it !!! Thank you so much. It was driving me nuts. Ive never heard of the group before but Im gonna check out some of their other stuff now! Thanks again.......Mickey

Back