US Open tennis

zim6489

Reaction score
USA Networks had a commercial for the US Open (i think) last year. It was a techno like song and the only lyrics were "Bounce one, two, one two." Does anybody remember that and know what is the name of that song?

It was done by a music production company called "Pull"...

Here is their website... www.PullPullPull.com

You can see the commercial there, too. (they have actually done all the US Open commercials since 2001)

:)

Thanks. Acutally it was the 2003 one and they also did the Panzer Dragoon Orta commercial. THANK YOU SOO MUCH, BUT I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION. Does the company acutally like let people get the songs? If so please tell me.

I don't know if they let people get their songs, just send them an email and ask... you never know. But I do know that the Panzer song is available on an album by Bones Domingo that you can get at www.Res-Freq.com

Um on that album what is the Panzer Dragoon Orta song called?

Originally posted by zim6489@Jul 25 2004, 03:59 PM
Does the company acutally like let people get the songs? If so please tell me.
Just a side note... I work in television and we have access to a song-bank of stock songs. I know for a fact that most of the companies that make this kind of "specialty" music do not sell their music to "private" buyers. Notice I said "sell". No company will just give you the song... and song rights arent really cheap. You can always ask them but I doubt they will give it to you.

Originally posted by JamesB0MB+Jul 29 2004, 07:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JamesB0MB @ Jul 29 2004, 07:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-zim6489@Jul 25 2004, 03:59 PM
Does the company acutally like let people get the songs? If so please tell me.
Just a side note... I work in television and we have access to a song-bank of stock songs. I know for a fact that most of the companies that make this kind of "specialty" music do not sell their music to "private" buyers. Notice I said "sell". No company will just give you the song... and song rights arent really cheap. You can always ask them but I doubt they will give it to you.[/b][/quote]
I asked the "PULL" guys who made the song and they appreciated the interest and said they would be glad to give a copy of the song... for free! (and it is not from a "stock" music library, by the way.)

So I guess there are companies that "will just give you the song" :)

There are not really any song rights involved here. I am not looking to broadcast the music, only privately listen to a track that has already aired. The commercial is already available on their website. There is not much difference in them giving a copy of the song to somebody... it is already out there anyway and they don't make their money from selling individual copies (if that were the case, I would buy the CD).

Originally posted by zim6489@Jul 28 2004, 07:19 PM
Um on that album what is the Panzer Dragoon Orta song called?
it is either called "Violet" or "Violate" (I know there are a few of versions of the song on the CD and I am not sure offhand which is the one that was used in the commercial.) :)

I was wondering if anyone knew what the song is for the new US Open commercial on the USA Network?

it goes like.....want it want it if you've got it flaunt it flaunt it....it is a girl's voice that sounds a bit like the girl from the Yeah Yeah Yeah's, but it's much more techno-y, at least electronic.

-Chris

Yeah I was curious too. It sounds like Peaches (raptronica/electroclash) but I don't think that she has any new tracks out.

On the USA Channel there's a commercial that has shots of tennis players in front of a black background while a fast paced song plays. At the end of this commercial a voice says that it's sponsored American Express credit card. What is the name of the song that plays?

I got some lyrics from the commercial... goes like:

"...make ya, make ya, want it want it, if you got it, gotta flaunt it...."

thats all i could remember...a lyrics search didnt return any results though.

good luck

Just sent out an email to the USA network webmaster since sending it directly to their advertising department seems inappropriate according to what they have posted on the website. Its a waiting game now....keep ya posted.

the track was done by a guy named Mitch Davis who releases albums under the names "one L" and "Bones Domingo"... and the person who is singing on the track is actually the singer from "Luscious Jackson"

Make you, make you
want it, want it
if you got it
gotta flaunt it
wanna, wanna
make you, make you
knock you back into your place

i like the song, been ringing on my head all day.. been a while since i got the luscious jackson vibe, any chance know where i can purchase the music? hey thanks in advance.. ;)

Back