The Ashlee Simpson Show

mattduskismine

Reaction score
there was a song on the ashlee simpson show..i don't think it was her song though. it was on like the 3rd or 4th show. it started out with piano music and sounded like it was about to get good..but it cut off..i'd love to know what it was though..i'd appreciate it if someone could help me out.

what was happening during the show (to help narrow down the episode)?

well i was waiting for the show to come back on so i could tell you what was going on..but it hasn't come on yet..so i'll try to remember.......i think the camera was zooming in on her apartment..and then when it shows the inside..she's talking on the phone to a producer or whatever named Jordan. but that's really the only clip that had the song in it ...sorry

I think I just saw the scene you're referring to and the song is "We've Been Had" by The Walkmen off their album Everyone Who Pretended to Like Me is Gone. It was used in the popular "Now Leaving Adulthood" commercial for the Saturn Ion about a year ago.

aww..thanx! you're awesome!..yeah actually..i remeber that saturn commercial ..i used to like it. i recognize it now..but thanx again!

i have been trying to find a certain song that used to play all the time at my old work. it was on the ahslee simpson show, the one where she goes to ny. it was in the beginning of the episode. it's a female singer, but other than that i don't know. any help would be appreciated.

lyrics i can remember from this song are as follows. "is this it" repeated, and "cos i love you". ths singer is very breathy. kinda reminds me of beth orton or the second lead for 10,000 maniacs. sorry i can't help ya'll with more lyrics. it was a very short snippet, and i kinda remember some of it from work, but i am not sure if that's just my mind making it up. lol

thank you so much. that was it. i tell ya, you wouldn't believe the bs i have been through to get this song, and i appreciate you helping me.

Song from the latest episode. I can't remember anything about the song (except that there were no lyrics in the part I heard), but I will try to catch the episode again to learn more. It was played very briefly in a quick shot of Ashlee driving in her car. I will get more details next time I see it.

O O I have a question. it was also on Ashlee's show. it's the first episode- that song they play while Josh and her are bowling and dancing. It's like' daaaa daaaaa daaaaa Come oooon Come oooon.' and um the next one is on the second episode while she's in the hotel in NY and it's played in that scene after she sings that 'eff Hollywood eff all the muther effin guys in Hollywood eff youuu.' anyonek now?

I also have a question about music featured in an episode. The song I'm talking about was played when Ashlee was talking to to the owner at Geffen records about her record. The music had female vocals singing, "I'll be spinning you around....". It sounded sort of like a Mighty Mighty Bosstones sort of sound.

"O O I have a question. it was also on Ashlee's show. it's the first episode- that song they play while Josh and her are bowling and dancing. It's like' daaaa daaaaa daaaaa Come oooon Come oooon.' and um the next one is on the second episode while she's in the hotel in NY and it's played in that scene after she sings that 'eff Hollywood eff all the muther effin guys in Hollywood eff youuu.' anyonek now?"

I think the song you're looking for is "C'Mon, C'Mon" by The Von Bondies.

I just saw the episode again and the songs is played when she's in her car leaving the studio (after working with that producer who is a better singer than ashlee is) and stops after she drops whatever it was she dropped in the elevator. There are no lyrics, and the only instruments are a bass and drum. It's just upbeat and happy.

Hope that helps, thanks.

Im not sure if the song you are looking for is the same one on the geico commercial, where the gecko is doing the robot on a computer screen. But I think it might me. Check the search utility for "geico" and there are links to hear the clip. It might be the one youre looking for, but it seems that it might just be a random clip not for public sale. It should be under "new geico commercial".

I just finished watching the Ashley Simpson Show too...which is why it was fresh in my mind.

Thank you, but I watched the Geico clip and it's not that song. MTV uses the one I'm looking for quite frequently. They used it on TRL as background music, and on Room Raiders.

well, i recognized 2 songs but i don't know if either one is the want you are looking for: "shake the dope out" by the warlocks, and "coffee and tv" by blur. i dunno...

Thanks, but it's neither one of those. This song had no lyrics and the primary instrument was a bass.

Maybe it's a song by We Regazzi, Wannadies, Wheat, and Reuben's Accomplice . MTV uses alot of music by those artists.

Back