Favorite movie trailer music?

Seraphiel

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repeating topic, but trying to compile some of the best trailer music...very good music used in trailers (like the Dark City theme) or music that WOULD go very well in trailers (like O Fortuna)

There is the famous Judge Dredd Trailer Theme from John Beals... always a classic must-have

O Fortuna has been used in more trailers and movies that I can count, I would like to see more Ode To Joy choral stuff in trailers. I would also like Ebla to be used a bit more. Escape, and all that choral jazz is always great.

Originally posted by lacrymosa@Jun 14 2004, 01:51 PM
O Fortuna has been used in more trailers and movies that I can count, I would like to see more Ode To Joy choral stuff in trailers. I would also like Ebla to be used a bit more. Escape, and all that choral jazz is always great.
I just used it as an example of something that was written for something other than a trailer...as opposed to something that WAS written for the trailer specifically...

Best use of O Fortuna: Exacaliber

Don't forget to add Requiem for a Dream remix from LOTR TTT trailer.

remembered some more.... don't forget "come see the paradise" by Randy Edleman, or "Pompeii" by ES Posthumus... Again, classics...

Definitely the one from the last Passion of the Christ Trailer. Ive been looking for it forever! PLease give me the composer and song title... :(

Requiem Overture from the LOTR trailers... *coughcough* still a favorite of mine.

Originally posted by JimmyJames@Jun 16 2004, 06:51 PM
remembered some more.... don't forget "come see the paradise" by Randy Edleman, or "Pompeii" by ES Posthumus... Again, classics...
Don't know if you really do mean "Pompeii" but "Nara" by E.S. Posthumus is used on quite a few trailers, the most recent being "The Clearing" with Robert Redford, Wilem Dafoe and a few others (http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/the_clearing/) looks good.

One movie soundtrack that is starting to get used here and there for film trailers, and that I personally love, is the soundtrack to "The Thin Red Line" by Hans Zimmer. It has a wonderfully slow and moody ambience to it. The biggest movie trailer I remember it being used in was for "Pearl Harbour": The trailer starts out with a couple of boyscouts actually looking down on invading Japanese fighter-planes sweeping through the valley below them.

The last or second-to-last track is also really nice, a sort of native chant that, I can cheat and say was in a movie trailer, because it was in the trailer for the "Thin Red Line".

Also, from the trailer and again the soundtrack for 28 days later - a fragement from the "Godspeed you Black Emperor" album "F#a#(infinity)"

Well, I feel that the Spiderman 2 trailer music (Lacrimosa, Immediate Muic) was pretty well implemented. Quite a few people (including me) were searching rather desperately for the name of the song once the first Spiderman 2 trailers came out. The power and effectiveness of the theme is still pretty obvious, whenever I listen to the song.

:D

Welcome To All!!!

Just wanted to post up a roll call to everyone...

Give me a list of the best classical and choral themes ever used in trailers! ONLY classical, mind you! This is not a test! It is the REAL DEAL!!!

Post up and enjoy!!!!!

:ph34r: Scheherez :ph34r:

Carl Orff - O Fortuna

Mozart - Lacrimosa

Richard Strauss - Also sprach Zarathustra (Thus Spoke Zoroaster), tone poem for orchestra, Op. 30 (Sunrise)

Richard Wagner - Die Walkure (The Valkyrie), opera, WWV 86b Ride of the Valkyries

Gustav Holst - The Planets, suite for orchestra & female chorus, Op. 32, H. 125 Mars

Tchaikovsky - 1812 -- Festival Overture, for orchestra in E flat major, Op. 49

Giuseppe Verdi - Requiem Mass, for soloists, chorus & orchestra (Manzoni Requiem) Dies irae

Mussorgsky - Night on Bald Mountain (Noch' na L�soy gore), symphonic poem, edited by Rimsky-Korsakov

Richard Wagner - Die Gutterdammerung (The Twilight Of The Gods) opera, WWV 86d The Immolation of the Gods

That's all I can think of for now.

J

Back