Geico Insurance "Robot"

PittBossOnyx

Reaction score
Geico Insurance "Robot"

I normally hate Geico commercials, but the most recent one with the man reading the e-mail saying on how the Gecko should do the robot just made me crack up. It's a US commercial, and I was wondering what this 80ish techno song was that was used in it?

Gracias in advance.

I just saw it today. Sorta. <_< I caught the end. I keep a close eye on the reptiles blog site though. It'll likely show up there evenually. ;)

With the geck.o dancing across a computer screen. Features glitchy techno. the same song was used in a Feria ad.

I've been looking for this one too. Many thanks to anyone who can help!

If you e-mail them at the Gecko's blog, http://www.geico.com/blog/ then they will eventually post an answer. ;) Ask for the other new one with the green van while you're at it. Tons of people want to know both. ;) ;)

The same music was used for L'Oreal truematch ad with Beyonce Knowles. So this is not done for the ad. That L'Oreal ad was done by McCann Erickson. They never replied to my e-mails. Anybody know who did the Geico ad?

It's Martin Agency in Richmond, Virginia. If it is the same music then it must be stock. <_<

I think you have to pay a few thousand dollars for that stuff and they probably only license you to use it for one purpose. Like a commercial or other sound bite. Just a guess though. Others would know more about it than I.

that sucks! that really sucks!! :angry: i mean they'll market william hung's cds but not some of the great music i find out here.

Originally posted by cultclassic@Jun 30 2004, 04:44 PM
The same music was used for L'Oreal truematch ad with Beyonce Knowles. So this is not done for the ad. That L'Oreal ad was done by McCann Erickson. They never replied to my e-mails. Anybody know who did the Geico ad?
I do know that this commercial feat Beyonce uses a sample of a Tupac song, I am currently wracking my head attempting to remember when i do I will post the song title. There haven't been to many changes made so maybe it will appease you to get the instrumental.
take it easy
remy

Originally posted by remycool@Jul 3 2004, 10:08 PM
I do know that this commercial feat Beyonce uses a sample of a Tupac song, I am currently wracking my head attempting to remember when i do I will post the song title. There haven't been to many changes made so maybe it will appease you to get the instrumental.
take it easy
remy
thanks. :) meanwhile you can see the L'Oreal Ad here.
(refrsh the page and scroll up/down if necessary)

is is actually a short piece of stock music... from a stock music library.... not for private/consumer sale.

That techno bit can be heard most recently on the "Ashley Simpson Show" on mtv after coming back from one to the commercials. It just aired today (7/12) at about noon central. Maybe mtv will be able to shed some light on the subject.

good luck

Heretohelp has said that this is stock music, not for sale. Heretohelp - can you reveal the source of your information?

i say keep looking, cuz music like that just doesnt pop out and if MTV is using it too, im not thinking gieco and mtv are in with the same music. I'm currantly contacting a couple of sources trying to see if they can help ill be sure to post back up soon.

Back