Fahrenheit 9/11

Originally posted by Looper33@Jun 5 2004, 08:10 AM
It's "I'd Love To Change The World" by Ten Years After :)
You can hear an audio sample of the song here.

Does anyone know what the first song in the trailer is? (The insturmental one.) It sounds so familiar, it's killing me. :blink:

Any idea what the rock song (or maybe just guitar solo) at the end of the trailer for Michael Moore's new Fahrenheit 9/11 documentary? Its also used in many (if not all) of the TV ads for the film.

I was wondering if anyone recognizes the guitar riff from the promo for Michael Moore's newest film Farenheight 911?

NitroBurn

the correct title of the movie is Fahrenheit 911, a title spoof of the book Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury about book burning.

I'm looking for this song as well :)

Need it!

Btw: "I call upon all nations to do everything they can to stop these TERRORIST KILLERS"

Okay, so to answer my own question I think I may have found the composer.

Phillip Glass

I haven't found the actual song but many of the ones I have listened to sound quite similar.

Edit: Possibly from The Hours soundtrack??? Can someone who owns the soundtrack please confirm?

Originally posted by ts0prano@Jun 23 2004, 10:02 AM
Okay, so to answer my own question I think I may have found the composer.

Phillip Glass

I haven't found the actual song but many of the ones I have listened to sound quite similar.

Edit: Possibly from The Hours soundtrack??? Can someone who owns the soundtrack please confirm?
You can hear some samples from The Hours Soundtrack here.

Hmmm seems I was wrong. I viewed the movie last night and it had quite a bit of this Phillip Glass-like music. Great music. Hopefully the soundtrack comes out but I doubt it.

I just saw the movie, and the first instrumental song of the trailer actually is used during the film. If it's been used for anything else before, I don't know. The credits say "Music by Jeff Gibbs." I hope this helps, as I think that is a catchy little piece of music, too!

GO GATORS!

Ok, I need help. I have read these posts and still can't understand if anyone knows the guitar part of the trailer like when it shows a bomb going off and stuff? Thanks

Originally posted by ChrisDJackson@Jun 27 2004, 08:48 PM
Ok, I need help. I have read these posts and still can't understand if anyone knows the guitar part of the trailer like when it shows a bomb going off and stuff? Thanks
Ten Years After - I'd Love to Change the World

At the end of the Fahrenheit 9/11 TV Spot, right after Dubya Bush says "Now, watch this drive", there's a guitar solo-type song that progresses into the end of the commercial.

Love the song. Anybody know what it is? Sounds like a golden age song to me.

Check 'I'd love to change the world' by Ten Years After...

fahrenheit 9/11

im looking for the song from fahrenheit 9/11 commercial that just started playing recently....i think it has the phrase "can't save us" not positive though...

I haven't seen any Fahrenheit 9/11 commercials in a long time (it's old enough to not be advertised anymore, should fall out of theatres soon), but I recall some old TV spots using the song "I'd Love To Change The World" by Ten Years After.

Hope that helps. The song doesn't have the words "Can't save us," though.

Back