Ever After

U2fan123

Reaction score
Was that Enya in the "Ever After" trailer? if so what song was it?

Thanx in advance, B)

I remember when that trailer (with the two songs you mentioned) came out for the film release of EVER AFTER. People were SO ANGRY when they found out those two songs didn't appear in the film or the soundtrack.

(The original poster might be referring to the commercials running on the TBS cable network for their showing of the film - same music as the theatrical trailer.)

Hmm, I didn't know that. I was lucky enough to have bought both albums years before so I already had them.. But yeah, I'd probably be pissed too. Why do they do that anyway? The movie companies HAVE to know that most of the reason people buy the soundtracks in the first place is because of the trailers..

Originally posted by dascoot@Feb 8 2004, 01:19 PM
Why do they do that anyway?
They have to do that. Film scores are literally one of the the last things added in post-production of the film. Film marketing departments often must cut their trailers/tv spots/etc. months before a note of music has been composed/recorded for a film (or even earlier if it's a teaser trailer).

Another reason is a piece of soundtrack music may work for a 5 minute scene in a film, but not for a 30 second tv spot or a 2 and half minute trailer.

Does anyone know who did the techno song on the ads for Ever After when it was in the theaters?

You probably mean Robert Miles "Fable". Forget which version, but it's on that album.

The song from the Ever After trailer can be found on series of cd's called Pure Moods. I think it was on their second release. I bought the movie soundtrack thinking it was on there. but alas it wasn't. Just stumbled on it when i bought the cd at best buy.

Yes, and it's also on the album at that amazon link I posted.

Don't mean to thread-hijack but does anyone know which version of 'Silence' (Sarah McLachlan) was played in the trailers?

Hmm... not sure on the Sarah song. Do you have a link to watch the trailer so we can hear which version you're after?

One of the songs that sounds a bit like Sarah McLachlan is actually by Loreena McKennitt called "The Mummer's Dance." The version in the trailer is the version released as a single. The version on the album is not the same. Is that the one you could be thinking of?

Ever After is airing on TBS tonight, and I was reminded of this question about the soundtrack that I've had for a LONG time...

The song over the end credits is "Put Your Arms Around Me" by Texas -- which I love -- but it seems to be a different version then the song in the movie soundtrack or their "White on Blonde" CD. More of a beat, perhaps. Anyone else notice this and can maybe point me in a direction where I can find this version of their song (if it IS in fact different)?

Thanks.

From Ever-after.net:

My friend says that the song that plays at the end of Ever After is slightly different from the version that appears on the soundtrack.  I say both are identical.  Who is right?

In this instance, your friend is right.  There are some "slight" differences between the two.  In the CD version of "Put Your Arms Around Me," the beat starts later in the song versus the movie. Also, in the movie version there is a nice fade-out at the end whereas the CD has a very abrupt end.  My preference is the movie version.

What about the second song in the trailer? I know it's been around forever, but I've never caught the title, or even the artist.

Can someone please tell me who the artist is at least?

Ok, nevermind, I'm just an idiot.

Originally posted by wingdboi@Aug 5 2004, 10:35 PM
Don't mean to thread-hijack but does anyone know which version of 'Silence' (Sarah McLachlan) was played in the trailers?
Oh oh oh! I know this is an old thread but I was wrong. The song wasn't 'Slience'. It was 'Fear' by Sarah McLachlan. I just realized this after getting a live version of this song off iTunes.

why are people talking about Sarah McLachlan? There are two songs played in the trailer, and they are these two:

Loreena McKennitt - Mummer's Dance
Robert Miles - Fable (Message Version)

The two Sarah McLachlan songs mentioned in this thread are Silence and Fear. I am familiar with both of these songs (including the remixes on Delerium's album Odyssey and Sarah McLachlan's Remixed album), and neither of them appears in this trailer.

Don't try to answer people's questions if you aren't well-enough informed on the subject to make an educated guess.

Originally posted by malefix@Dec 1 2004, 01:50 PM
why are people talking about Sarah McLachlan? There are two songs played in the trailer, and they are these two:

Loreena McKennitt - Mummer's Dance
Robert Miles - Fable (Message Version)

The two Sarah McLachlan songs mentioned in this thread are Silence and Fear. I am familiar with both of these songs (including the remixes on Delerium's album Odyssey and Sarah McLachlan's Remixed album), and neither of them appears in this trailer.

Don't try to answer people's questions if you aren't well-enough informed on the subject to make an educated guess.
Uhm ...I'm crazy but I do remember seeing a trailer for this movie with 'Fear' by Sarah McLachlan. There is often more than one trailer for a particular movie. Could it be ...run with me on this one ...could it be that the song I mentioned was in ANOTHER trailer, different from the one with the Loreena McKennitt and Robert Miles songs? :blink:

I know the concept may be hard to take in but ...what if? It could've been a TV spot for all I know.

Don't worry, I'll keep my un'educated' guesses to myself from now on. :)

Back