Nike Lance Armstrong "Magnet"

zugabuga

Reaction score
Nike Lance Armstrong "Magnet"

There's this new Nike commercial with Lance Armstrong riding in all sorts of different places. The music is piano, with a male voice , no real lyrics. Sounds very familiar, would love to know what it is!! Any ideas?

Cool song...

Elias Arts has done a lot of NIKE ads in the past, this may be another one. You could try emailing them and asking if they had anything to do with the music or ad.

i played the song for a friend and he said it sounded a bit like natalie merchant...? :blink:

It kinda sounds like several artists to me. Usually a sure sign that it's canned. I'd follow Michelles lead. ;) Too bad though. It IS kinda nice. :(

I've seen this question on another forum and it been bothering me too not knowing who it is!!! :( :(
The song sounds eerily similar to Moby's "Everloving"(track 14) from the Play album! The woman's vocals in the song are beautiful!

Eric

It's not the Moby song and I listended to quite a few natalie merchant titles and still no luck. Good effort though. :D Everyone keep trying we should be able to find this song somewhere. <_<

The Nike commercial referred to is named "Magnet." When veiwing it on the Nike site, the video and music play on Macromedia Flash Player 6. Is there anyway to download it for storage so when Nike goes onto something else it can still be listended to/viewed.
I aware that coping artists work of the web is NG but this is a commercail and Nike pays big $$ to air it so you think they'd make it easy to copy!
Thanks for any suggestions.

The WearYellow spot's music, composed by Dave Wittman and Jimmy Haun at Elias Arts, Los Angeles with support from creative director David Gold and head of production Dayna Turcotte, features the vocal talents of Kathleen Fisher.

The sound was designed by creative director Dane Davis and Eddie Kim at 740 Sound/Danetracks with help from producer Scott Ganary, and Jeff Payne at Eleven Sound Studios in Santa Monica mixed the final audio.

Go to url below for more info.
http://www.highend3d.com/news/

it sounds like total rip of moby - Everloving, but its not. personally the songs are very similar and i perfer the moby one.

the vocals sound the same so if u find out who the vocals are on the everloving track you could probably find the artist on another cd. just my 2 cents.

Moby is one of my favorite artists and I have most of his albums, including the Play album. "Everloving" does sound similar to the music in the commercial but the vocals are not even close! If you listen to everloving and the commerical, you'll see the difference.

Eric

Here is the artist (voice). and info. Some is ripped from another post, some of my own findings:

Thi8s from the studio's press release:

The spot's music, composed by Dave Wittman and Jimmy Haun at Elias Arts Los Angeles with support from creative director David Gold and head of production Dayna Turcotte, features the vocal talents of Kathleen Fisher. The sound was designed by creative director Dane Davis and Eddie Kim at 740 Sound/Danetracks with help from producer Scott Ganary, and Jeff Payne at Eleven Sound Studios in Santa Monica mixed the final audio.

Offical band site:
http://www.fishertheband.com

Share the love and spread the word. I'm really getting in to her music. Funny to think I found her band from a tv ad.
This is the kind of music I don't mind buying. Not that crap pop stuff that gets churned out every day.

Thanks for the info! I had kind of forgotten about them. I got into Fisher by accident several years ago because of a song called "Breakable." Beautiful song, but definitely wouldn't be much w/o the vocals. :) The song is on the "Great Expectations" Soundtrack. Anyways, thanks again! I'm off to check out their site. :D

theres a song called "Everything is alright" by Four Tet, it sounds much like this nike commercial...

Hey folks looking for the song that is in Lances Magnet commercial
for Nike. Thanks, Blake

Could you help me find out the name of the song used in the nike commercial that has Lance Armstrong on his bike throughout the entirety of the commercial. There are no words, but it has him peddling through the rain and then kids are following him around. It was a commercial before the movie Notebook. THank you for your help.

For those who don't want to read through the other pages of this thread, the answer regarding the music from this ad follows. Thanks to BigCityMike for posting it.

The spot's music, composed by Dave Wittman and Jimmy Haun at Elias Arts Los Angeles with support from creative director David Gold and head of production Dayna Turcotte, features the vocal talents of Kathleen Fisher. The sound was designed by creative director Dane Davis and Eddie Kim at 740 Sound/Danetracks with help from producer Scott Ganary, and Jeff Payne at Eleven Sound Studios in Santa Monica mixed the final audio.

Could you help me with the name of the of the song that plays in the Nike Commercial with Lance Armstrong. It doesn't have any words, but it shows him peddling through many different scenes. Thank you for your help.

I've heard conflicting stories. Elias Arts wrote the song for the Nike commercial with Lance Armstrong with the assistance of numerous songwriters. I've never seen such a long list of songwriters for just one little 90 second song. I think it's called Magnet?

Anyway, I've also heard that there are some problems with the song, like Elias might have borrowed the song from a songwriter who is now unhappy about not getting their credit.

Has Elias done this sort of thing before? I've heard they have, what have you heard?

I'm wondering if anyone knows the music that was used in that commercial for nike where it was just Lance Armstrong riding through all of these different environments.

Back