"Born to be Alive" used in Toyota ad?

Adwiz

Reaction score
There's a Toyota ad that ran a year or so ago that showed feet and toes on the move, with the song "Born to be Alive."

Who is the artist? If you know the album, that would help too. Thanks!

More commercials should use songs from the 80's. Record industries are really running out of original melodies, songs...i.e., Jessica Simpson.

"Born to be alive" was in Vegas Vacation. I love that movie and I love that song.

Originally posted by Ban Me@May 5 2004, 03:41 PM
More commercials should use songs from the 80's. Record industries are really running out of original melodies, songs...i.e., Jessica Simpson.
oh lord! make that song STOPPPPP please!

:huh: "Born To Be Alive" was a popular European disco hit back in the Summer of '79. It's a one-hit wonder by some guy named Patrick Hernandez. LPs were released by Columbia Records.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Edwige wrote:
:huh: "Born To Be Alive" was a popular European disco hit back in the Summer of '79. It's a one-hit wonder by some guy named Patrick Hernandez
...and it got to number 10 in the UK charts in early summer of 1979, Edwige. ;)

Many thanks for all the help! And thanks for the link to that album. Lots of awesome tunes, many of them from older TV commercials (remember "It's raining men")? Wasn't that used for a hair product commercial? I'm blown away by the depth of music knowledge on this board.

Back