Gatorade "Some Diamonds Are Rough"

ledzepgrl

Pro Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the name of the song that is played in the new Gatorade commercial? There are guys playing basketball...and now im blanking out and can't remember any of the words!! But it sounds like James Brown-ish and upbeat....if i remember the words, i'll add them....

There's 2 that I've seen lately, one is definitely James Brown "(Get Up I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine", the other one I still can't get a bead on (I know I know it, but I can't figure it out with a lyric search.. something like "All you got to do is express yourself" which sounds like it might be the Isley Brothers.. ??).

the song in that commercial is a remix of Charles Wright's "express Yourself".

The remix was done by me specifically for the commercial.

I hope you enjoyed it! :)

Originally posted by heretohelp@Feb 3 2004, 12:19 AM
The remix was done by me specifically for the commercial.
Very cool. And can you tell us more about yourself and your work? We always like to hear from anyone industry related. :)

Originally posted by jca@Feb 3 2004, 08:35 AM
Very cool. And can you tell us more about yourself and your work? We always liked to hear from anyone industry related. :)
Sure...

I have a company called "Pull" where I do music for commercials and various other projects (basically, Pull is the company I do all my non-album related music through).

Some recent commercials I have done that I occasionally see people asking about are the Xbox/Panzer Dragoon Orta commercial, the US Open commercials on the USA network, the Dead Zone "Dead Man's Party" commercial on USA Network, the Hanes "It's a Beautiful Thing" commercials...

You can see a bunch of them at the PULL website.

Hmmmm, I don't really know what else... I'll be glad to answer any specific questions you might have, too.

Originally posted by heretohelp@Feb 3 2004, 09:36 AM

I have a company called "Pull" where I do music for commercials and various other projects (basically, Pull is the company I do all my non-album related music through).
You've got a lot of work posted on your website - I like that. :) Looks good; appreciate you sharing more info about what you do. We're always looking for help on IDing original commercial production music and learning more about the kind of work you are doing.

How did you find Adtunes?

Originally posted by jca@Feb 3 2004, 10:14 AM
How did you find Adtunes?
I came across Adtunes because somebody arrived at my record company site (www.res-freq.com) through a link at your site (I found it from looking at my websites stats). Most likely through some post about the Xbox/Panzer commercial song (because that song is the only connection between res-freq.com and advert music) which is on a CD I released (Bones Domingo).

Anyway, that is how I got here and I thought the site was interesting.

does anybody have any information about the the music in the gatorade commercial in which people are playing basketball, football, and baseball in the streets? the basketball hoop is like a shopping cart or something, and when they're playing baseball there are captions saying "some diamonds are rough" i believe. i think it's kind of jazzy music. i haven't seen it on tv in a little while so if anyone remembers it i'd really appreciate some help!

THE ONLY GATORADE COMMERCIAL THAT I REMEMBER HAD THE SONG #1 CRUSH BY GARBAGE OR GET UP(I FEEL LIKE BEING) A SEX MACHINE BY JAMES BROWN...IF IT'S NOT WELL I'M NOT REALLY SURE???

the one that was described by tinkerbell is express yourself by charles wright. i'm pretty sure.

Back