Concerts!

wookieman

Reaction score
I had quite a good weekend, musicwise. I saw Air in Milwaukee on Thursday night, and Muse in Chicago on Friday. Both put on amazing shows.

Anyone have any memorable concert moments?

The best concerts are shows played at small clubs...so you can be up and close to the band in a more "intimate" setting, plus it costs a lot less. I did see the Warped Tour a few years ago, and they played a bunch of cool bands.

Who the hell is Air and Muse?

I saw KISS a few years ago, it was probably one of the best concerts I've been to. Although, I was in the 9th row from the stage, so that probably made it a little more fun. I doubt I would have enjoyed it as much sitting way in the back of the arena. (That goes with Lost Boy's theory on small venues being better, I agree...)

No Doubt put on a pretty kick ass show too.

I really don't want to see a great band at a venue where there are seats...like a stadium or auditorium. I can't stand that. I have to move around, and I'd rather stand the whole time and slamdance soaked in sweat with people all around me, as opposed to sitting on my ass and tapping my foot. oi!

Mine was in Ann Arbor, MI. We went to see "Dark Star Orchestra," who is a Grateful Dead cover band.

In June, however, that'll change as I plan to see The Dead.

Originally posted by The Lost Boy@Apr 27 2004, 11:15 AM
I'd rather stand the whole time and slamdance soaked in sweat with people all around me, as opposed to sitting on my ass and tapping my foot. oi!
that's the best, when you're all bouncing together or fighting for your space.

Saw The Eagles in Vegas last....(August I think?). Alanis Morissette sometime before that at the Universal Amphitheater. Can't remember when exactly. About a year ago? Anyway up front with a spot paid for is the ONLY way I'll go. I can't stand getting crowded. And nobody sits in their seats tapping their foot. Welllll maybe they do at a philharmonic concert. :p

Radiohead at Liberty State Park a few years ago. It was a beautiful experience! :D

Originally posted by Ok Computer@Apr 27 2004, 05:09 PM
Radiohead at Liberty State Park a few years ago. It was a beautiful experience! :D
nice. i bet it was a good one. :)

Originally posted by The Lost Boy@Apr 27 2004, 11:52 AM
Who the hell is Air and Muse?
Air is a French electronic group, and Muse is a British rock group.

Air site (free MP3s): http://www.epitonic.com/artists/air.html

Muse site (song samples): http://www.muse.mu/

Consider yourself educated.

I agree with you about the smaller venues though. Both of these groups aren't too well-known, so I enjoyed some nice, close-up, musical fun.

Air did the soundtrack for Virgin Suicides. And one of their songs, "Playground Love" was used in a Levi's ad -- the guy and girl walking along a street, the guy trying to speak to the girl in French or something...

Originally posted by Ok Computer@Apr 27 2004, 07:09 PM
ahhh ok computer!! ever-chasing the radiohead!! :D

Amelie I know that's not your picture, but it's totally how I picture you looking.

dascoot ~ haha!! i'm asian...so i'm probably a little far from that. tee hee. but i did recently get my hair cut short a-la-amelie sans the bangs. aww...sometimes i just want to live in that movie because the boy is oh-so-cute! :wub:

i dunno if this counts as a concert, but once i attended this formal indian kathak (spelling) dancing concert, and right before intermission, this guy in a full formal dance costume ran up onstage and proposed to one of the dancers. that was really memorable. *sniff* :rolleyes:

Originally posted by AmelieMellow@Apr 27 2004, 08:31 PM
ahhhhh we're back to AIR!!! didja hear that fitzypoo??
Yeahhhhh. :D Brandons comment caused me to chuckle a little . :p

Originally posted by dascoot@Apr 27 2004, 08:36 PM
Amelie I know that's not your picture, but it's totally how I picture you looking.
me too. :)

Muse eh? i'm soooo jealous. i have been listening to them for 4 years now, and never had a chance to go see them in concert. Air ain't to bad either, but the Muse thing.....

i saw Ministry a few months back. i think they have to be the loudest band on earth.

(as it may come to no surprise to some members of the board) I saw Mudvayne several times. They are incredible live, and since the second album came out they lost the gimmicks and became a tighter group on stage.

Ozzfest is usually really cool too. this years line up seems promising.

Originally posted by givemfitz+Apr 27 2004, 09:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (givemfitz @ Apr 27 2004, 09:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-AmelieMellow@Apr 27 2004, 08:31 PM
Yeahhhhh. :D Brandons comment caused me to chuckle a little . :p [/b][/quote]
What did I miss!? I haven't been watching much TV lately, so I haven't had much to contribute to this site...was that an inside joke?

Same here.

Originally posted by The Lost Boy+Apr 27 2004, 10:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Lost Boy @ Apr 27 2004, 10:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by givemfitz@Apr 27 2004, 09:07 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-AmelieMellow
@Apr 27 2004, 08:31 PM

Yeahhhhh. :D Brandons comment caused me to chuckle a little . :p
What did I miss!? I haven't been watching much TV lately, so I haven't had much to contribute to this site...was that an inside joke?

Same here. [/b][/quote]
http://adtunes.com/forums/index.php?showto...t=0&#entry16580 and yeah I have that pic in my head for Stephanie too. :rolleyes:

Back