Red Dead Revolver

acdcadapter

Reaction score
i saw a commercial for a new game called Red Dead Revolver. its from the same people who gave us the Grand Theft Auto series. Anyway they use this speghetti western music that i have heard a million times on tv. most recently in a chappelles show commercail. as i am writing this they play the song on their website.

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadrevolv...lver/index2.htm

if anyone could tell me the name of this song i would be very greatfull

thanks!

well dudes (or dudettes), i looked that entire freakin site and found no match to the song in the trailer. i myself am going crrrraazzzy trying to find it. it does sound like the work of ennio morricone though. somone please help!

Sounds like a knock-off of Ennio Morricone, most closely resembling "A Fistful Of Dollars."

common guys... somone has to know it. i mean, it does sound like ennio morricone, but ive never heard it in a movie he composed in. somone please help! pleeeaaasseeee

I really wanna know this, too. I don't think it's Ennio Morricone because I have a couple of his compilation CDs and it's not on there. I've wanted to know what it was ever since it was on an episode of Ren and Stimpy.

I'll try to do some research over this, but I believe it's actually from Clint Eastwood's first directorial debut in "The Outlaw Josey Wales". If this is accurate, the composer is Jerry Fielding. But, like I said, I'm not entirely sure just yet.

If you think about it, RDR seems like it was inspired by this movie. Josey Wales' family was murdered by Union soldiers, so Josey begins a long trek of vengeance, similar to Red's story.

Read here for a bit about the movie, The Outlaw Josey Wales:

Outlaw Josey Wales

It's could be a direct take on Ennio Morricone's "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly".

Wether or not I'm right, it's still a very cool song. The Red Dead Revolver version is also great because of the intro. I wish I could find that version online somewhere.

Note: I joined the forums to comment on this topic. I searched Google to see who composed the music in Red Dead Revolver and this topic came up and I decided to shine some of my magical, brilliant light upon youse all. ;)

All signs point this piece being nothing but stock music. It's used in a variety of places. Stock.

aw nuts! i guess we have to hope for a soundtrack.... like thats gonna happen. :(

i think i found it. it took me 3 days without food and the death of 3 of my comrades.
actually i just bought the game. the manual says it's from e per tetto un cielo di stelle composed by ennio morricone. hes the man. if it doesnt seem to be it, sorry for the wasted space

I went to Ennio Merricone's filmography, and Red Dead Revolver is found on the list. It is an Original work and he credits it as such. Here's the link:

IMDB.com

ok, now this song was on a commercial on upn for american outlaws! the song is teasing me!!!! why!!!! :eek:

Hi everyone, I've got some semi-bad news. I picked up the soundtrack to ...E per tetto un cielo di stelle on Amazon and the song in question - I assume it's the music that plays on the RDR site and on the trailers found there - is not on that soundtrack. So it's back to square one for me.

Okay after searching awhile all over the web, I came across another board that had a similar discussion to this topic and I believe I found the name and the composers responsible for this song. Its not actually by Morricone...the song is called "Ballata per un Pistolero" from IL PISTOLERO DELL' AVE MARIA and was composed by Franco Micalizzi and Roberto Pregadio...

But....

I CANT FIND THIS SONG ANYWHERE!!!

If anyone can find a link to this song with this new information could you please post one... PLEASE! this song is too cool!

All I have found is that "Il Pistolero dell'Ave Maria" is an Italian movie from 1969. The composer for that movie was, as you mentioned, Roberto Pregadio.

I can't find any evidence that a score or soundtrack exists in CD (or otherwise) form. So, it's possible that the song isn't around to be had by general consumers like us. :unsure:

Yeah i know it's not the one thats playing on the website but if you own the game you would realise that that is the music the plays with the introduction video. But i think that the guy who owns the website recorded it off the game, that's why it is low quality.

I also badly want the website version but until i get it i think i will just have to have the site playing it...

Back