Advertising

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Status

Default The Simpsons Season 3

Sponsored Links

In The Simpsons, episode 8F06 (Lisa's Pony), Homer embarks in a dream in which he visits Slumberland. There is a song in it that has always caught my ears.

Is it a real song that I could download, or buy, or is it a song that Alf Clausen just created?

Fukushima hybrid gopher givemfitz's Avatar
    Status

Any lyrics? Instrumental? ?????????? "Nights in White Satin" by The Moody Blues is listed but not as a dream sequence. The others I saw don't come close.
    As I lay there gazing up at the billions of stars above my head in complete awe of creations beauty and vastness the most pressing question on my mind about the meaning of it all was, "Where in the hell is my roof?"

Status

I think it was written specifically for the show. I know that there's two versions: the one you mentioned and the enhanced version from "So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show". The trouble is, I could swear it was released on a soundtrack, except I checked every Simpson soundtrack I could find and none of them had either version, which I find odd because they have practically every other song written for that show, even the "Land of Chocolate" one.

Status

No lyrics. It's basically instrumental, and it's kind of a lulaby.

Status

Originally posted by Finchy@Apr 1 2004, 07:26 PM
    I think it was written specifically for the show. I know that there's two versions: the one you mentioned and the enhanced version from "So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show". The trouble is, I could swear it was released on a soundtrack, except I checked every Simpson soundtrack I could find and none of them had either version, which I find odd because they have practically every other song written for that show, even the "Land of Chocolate" one.
    Yeah, I liked the enhanced version better.

I have The Land of Chocolate!

Fukushima hybrid gopher givemfitz's Avatar
    Status

For that I would start with Brahms or Bach. I know Dadada doesn't help much but if people could put them in scale.............

......................................daaa (pause)........................................... ......
    ..................................da.............. ........daaa....daaa....da.....................
    daaa...daaa...da....da............................ ......da........da....da....da.........
    .......da.......da....da.......................... ....................................da............
    .................................................. .................................................. .daaa

It takes some editing and is kind of a pain in the ass but if you want answers to classical music..................
    As I lay there gazing up at the billions of stars above my head in complete awe of creations beauty and vastness the most pressing question on my mind about the meaning of it all was, "Where in the hell is my roof?"