Icebreakers gum

The Adman

Reaction score
Hey im lookin for the music in this ice breakers commercial and it is the longer version of because there is a :15 and a :30 second. And in the commercial a guy see's a girl across the room and starts thinking about all this stuff and his thoughts are floating around his head and then he thinks about his breath and puts an ice breakers gum in. Any idea of the music playing?

its sorta like technoish ;) but not really. Its definitly not rap,classical music or rock. Man, i cant describe music very well, maybe someone who has seen is will post soon,ha.

I could be wrong, but aren't the few lyrics at the end something like, "Got the cool sure, nah nah nah nah, got the cool sure shot"?

ya ya ya, its a girl singing that part and the music climaxes up to that part of that song, at the beginning it has a guy singing i cant make out the lyrics though. But yeah thats right

EDIT: I think the lyrics at the beginning are "its the music that we choose, its the music that we choose.."

That is Gorillaz "19-2000"

Lyrics:

The world is spinning too fast
I'm buying lead Nike shoes
To keep myself tethered
To the days I try to lose

My mama said to slow down
You should make your shoes
Start dancing to the music
Of Gorillaz in a happy mood

Keep a mild groove on

Ba ba ba
Day dee bop

There you go!
Get the cool!
Get the cool shoe shine!

There's a monkey in the jungle
Watching a vapour trail
Caught up in the conflict
Between his brain and his tail

And if time's elimination
Then we got nothing to lose
Please repeat the message
It's the music that we choose

Keep a mild groove on

Ba ba ba
Day dee bop

OK bring it down yeah we gonna break out
Get the cool!
Get the cool shoe shine!

Ah Ah Ah Ah

Day doo de bop

They acutally just released a new version of this for the Icebreakers Spearmint. If anyone could find the music for that one I'd appreciate it.

You might notice the Gorillaz from their debut music vid "Clint Eastwood." It got a bit of radio play for a while too.

ya they have been playing the new version a lot during MTV's spring break shows

Originally posted by Jeebus McChrist@Mar 22 2004, 02:59 PM
They acutally just released a new version of this for the Icebreakers Spearmint.
Yes, there are two different versions of the commercial, both having different songs. The one the original poster asked about is the older one.

i'd also like to know the song in the spearmint ad.

See the ad online here.
(Real,avi)

(refresh the page & scroll up/down if necessary)

It's the music that we make.........

Get the groove.... get the cool sunshine

A short brunette approaches aman who has just eaten this company's gum. They are in a nightclub.

I am sure these are two different songs compiled for this ad. Adtunes has no direct info.

I am sure the gum is indescribable.

Tell me the song/s.

Thanks,

Raymond

Those lyrics sound like "19-2000" by the Gorillaz (Amazon) (iTunes)

BTW: This song has several remixes, so if that's the song but it sounds off, check 'em out. :)

Back