Mystery 1990s song

StaypuffTyrant

Reaction score
Yes im aware there have been at least two other threads for this, but this is the only way to describe the song so bare with me.

The song in the Big Fish trailer by Yes, the part where they say "do do do do do--" and so on.. just the part with the do's, sounds really really similar to another song i've heard before while playing pool, but i could never figure out the name. It sounded like some kind of 80s music, and the do's in the song were said really fast, like "Do do, do do, do" and it was aparently a poloular song back when.. I know this is very vague info, but i've wanted this song for THE LONGEST TIME! (a couple weeks) and i'de kill for it. Any suggestions? :)

A real shot in the dark here but you wouldn't be looking for "Deja Vu" by CSNY?

no, nice try though.

it sounded more energetic, i don't recall it being so 70's-ish. I do remember it being kind of like a pop song, it was apparently popular since it was played with "my milkshake" (or w/e) by Kelis.. im pretty sure it was pop/rock around there somewhere.. it sounded really kool though.. really energetic

Another shot in the dark here, "Cherry lips" by Garbage. Or maybe "I want you" by Third Eye blind.

I heard a song on a Hewlitt Packard printer commercial that sounds a little bit like what you are describing. I'm pretty sure it's a Cure song with lyrics something like "a picture of you". There's also the old Police song "Da Do Do Da" or whatever, but that doesn't sound much like the Yes song.

nah, sorry.. i appreciate the help but none of those are it. When i say energetic, its like the 80s alternative/ rock stuff. A good example would be "Get Out of My Dreams" by Billy Ocean. Something like that, and it was so catchy.

Also, there were no Da's or De's in the chorus i remembered. It was just some quick Do's said really fast, but two Do's were said right close to eachother, then there was a very small pause in between each pair of Do's.

It sounds like it would be played on an 80;s or early 90's radio station. It barely sounded old at all.

Oh yeah, and it was definetly a single that was on the radio at one point. Im sure of it.

Perfect description. Try "Semi-Charmed Kind Of Life" by Third Eye Blind

Billy Ocean isn't alternative/rock, not even by 1980's standards. Anyway, can't even begin to think of what it could be now. Is it sung in a really high voice or by a bunch of people or by one guy or or one guy with a really high voice or.. What about what's his face.. take a walk on the wild side. Lou Reed, but he's not exactly energetic.

Billy Ocean isn't alternative/rock, not even by 1980's standards. Anyway, can't even begin to think of what it could be now. Is it sung in a really high voice or by a bunch of people or by one guy or or one guy with a really high voice or.. What about what's his face.. take a walk on the wild side. Lou Reed, but he's not exactly energetic.

allright 80's pop then.. it's all rock to my ears. No it wasn't really high in the vocals, but speaking of that billy Ocean song, the tone of voice used in the chorus of his song "Get out of my dreams" sounded pretty similar to the chorus of this big mysterdy song.. so i'de say it was either one guy, or his voice manipulated, but sung at the exact same time.

none of the songs really fit into the descriptions. It has the energy of 80's pop throughout the entire song, like BOOMING. It wasn't a soft song at all. It was a great song though if you liked Genesis or back when. Yeah, they sounded kinda like Genesis.

I appreciate the help though you guys. Thank you :D

:eek: What, you're saying it isn't "Semi-Charmed Kind of Life" by Third Eye Blind?

Yes. Yes, that's what he's saying.

I've finally realised this is insane. Genesis had tons of songs and you're not even sure it's them. It did get me listening to some good songs I haven't even thought about for 15 years though.

Is this section of do do's only done once in the whole song or is it like a pre-chorus that occurs several times?

Ok here's another try: Styx, Blue Collar Man.

oh well, (it wasn't the styx song, i have their greatest hits cd and it isn't them)

well there were no da's, but i guess i'll find it sooner or later. Thanx for the help anyway.

One more shot & if this isn't it I'm going to let it die the slow painful death that it deserves. Duran Duran-"Hungry Like The Wolf" though it isn't really comparable to Billy Ocean.

Originally posted by Mr. Awesome@Mar 5 2004, 05:42 AM
I heard a song on a Hewlitt Packard printer commercial that sounds a little bit like what you are describing. I'm pretty sure it's a Cure song with lyrics something like "a picture of you".
The Cure song is called "Pictures of You", and I wouldn't really label that as "upbeat 80's with Do-Do's". It's a pretty mellow song.

The Cure song is called "Pictures of You", and I wouldn't really label that as "upbeat 80's with Do-Do's". It's a pretty mellow song.

Me either, but at the time of my post it had only been described as being more energetic than a Crosby Stills Nash and Young song. None of my other suggestions sound anything like Billy Ocean either. But Billy Ocean doesn't sound anything like Yes. :p

Back