SpongeBob SquarePants

trixpan

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to find the music that was used on a Nickelodeon/Spongebob TV spot.

The spot was shot in london and features a little boy beeing brainwashed by some outdoors with the spongebob caracter.

The song is a downtempo/IDM tune, with a sample that sounds like a choir singin UH O UH da da di da da.

I thank you in advance.

I assume you saw this ad on the Nickelodeon network?

Just so I'm clear:

IDM = Intelligent Dance Music

right?

the sponge bob commercial in which a city is filled with sponge bob posters and people are giving flyers of sponge bob. in the end a black kid sees a big poster of sponge bob while he drinks juice and sponge bob in the poster laughs. the music is electronic with a mix of classical. its seen on nick.

the sponge bob commercial in which a city is filled with sponge bob posters and people are giving flyers of sponge bob. in the end a boy sees a big poster of sponge bob while he drinks juice and the sponge bob in the poster laughs. the music is electronic with a mix of classical. its seen on nick. id really apreciate any feed back

i think i know what song your looking for, only b ecause someone mentioned it knowing im a big fan of the band.

Radiohead - Idioteque.

it was in -a- spongebob commercial so that might be it. and it seems to sound like your description

About 14 months ago, April 2004--I heard a song from a Spongebob Squarepants commercial on Nickelodeon in Mexico. The commercial consisted of a busy New York Street--and it panned/flashed to several billboards/buses/walls/murals all with pictures of Spongebob Squarepants. The background consisted of a very mellow, relaxing trancey sort of tune, that has been haunting me to this day. At the very end of the commerical a small black kid stands by one of the pictures of Spongebob and you hear that annoying Aahahahahahah laugh that Spongebob does.

Enough of all that, If anyone knows what i'm talking about or could help me out I would forever be in debt! Thanks in advance.

Spongebob

Some commercial on Nickelodeon where this 80's - sounding song is playing.

All I heard was, "Don't you...forget about me...don't don't don't..."

Any ideas? Thanks =)

Originally posted by farbeyond@Oct 6 2008, 07:47 AM
Tears For Fears
But did you mean Simple Minds, not Tears for Fears? I'm not aware of them doing a cover.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_you_f...forget_about_me

The song has been covered by numerous musicians:

* Absinthe Blind on their album Winning is Our Business and Business is Good.
* Billy Idol on his album Greatest Hits.
* Life of Agony on their album Ugly.
* Bouncing Souls on their album The Bad, the Worse, and the Out of Print.
* Rufio on their album Punk Goes 80's.
* Empathy on their album Under the Lost Smile.
* New Found Glory on their album From the Screen to Your Stereo Part II.

(This Cover was featured in a 2008 JCPenney Back-To-School television commercial)

* Soluzione on their album Don't You - Single. (iTunes only)
* Yellowcard played a version of the song as a live twentieth anniversary tribute to The Breakfast Club at the 2005 MTV Movie Awards.

;)

Yea I meant Simple Minds. I get them and Tears For Fears mixed up in my mind for some reason. All I know is I remembered the song from the movie The Breakfast Club and the cover in the Jc Penney commercial recently.

What's the name of the sad song from the YTV Spongebob ad from 2007/2008?

It's the commercial where the guy says "Spongebob and Patrick do stupid stuff while I play sad music" and they get a buttcramp near the end, I've been looking for the ad for a while but I can't even find it!

I just want to know what the name of the song used is! Thanks. :)

I'm trying to find a song to this one promo.
it's a nickelodeon promo.
for spongebob.

anyway, i was wondering if i could get some help. it's probably some Extreme Music or APM track, but still

here's the link to the promo (song starts at 0:13):

Back