1990s Saturn assembly line

massoquat

Reaction score
Does anyone recall a Saturn car commercial from around 1996 - 98 where there is a moving shot within a Saturn car plant that's in black and white. In the background there is a very busy sounding acid jazz/latin feeling song with a flute and a electric keyboard playing a melody. I have been looking for this song for years. Thanks for the help.

so I'm watching the ad right now, maybe. I've no clue how I'd manage it but I can give a shot to getting it in some sort of postable form. In the meantime (if this is the same ad, listed as approx. 4 years old at last airing) it's absolutely gorgeous. However, my time period may be off, and though it does feature the plant, the ad is in colour. Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Fast-motion Saturn ad from mid-late '90s

During the mid-late '90s, there was a short TV commercial depicting Saturns in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, set to a catchy instrumental soundtrack. It is nowhere to be found, though hundreds of other Saturn ads exist online.

Can anyone provide a link to view the ad, or a credit for the music? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Re: Fast-motion Saturn ad from mid-late '90s

Ha, after 10 years of searching, I just found this:

Would love to get a musical credit so as to pursue purchase of the track.

Re: Saturn commercial from late 90s

I was also looking for this (and had posted a topic), and found a video of a commercial break from 1998 on YouTube.

It's the first ad in the lineup. I would like to get a credit so I can buy the track, but it may have been created just for the commercial (as many of these tunes unfortunately are).

Hope this helps!

Ha, after 10 years of searching, I just found this

Good job on finding that after all this time. ;)

Thanks—I know how frustrating and all-consuming this can be! Have a great day.

After periodically searching for the identity of this tune for the last 20 years, and never thinking I'd ever possibly discover it, tonight I'm happy to report it's called Mambo Fantastico by Gerhard Narholz.

After periodically searching for the identity of this tune for the last 20 years, and never thinking I'd ever possibly discover it, tonight I'm happy to report it's called Mambo Fantastico by Gerhard Narholz.

That's great -- thanks for sharing the answer. :)

Back