1993 Acura Legend Coupe "Swinging Orbs"

lancasti

Reaction score
There is this commercial from the ealy to mid 90's if I recall correctly where this car was driving through a sort of obsticle course with giant pendulums swinging back and forth. I am thinking it was a Lexus commercial or perhaps an Accura one. Either way, there was this classical music playing with a very deep somber sound to it I have wondered what this music was for many years. Someone please help me.

After thinking about this a little more, I seem to recall that they were , for lack of a better description, giant wrecking balls instead of pendulums and they seemed to be haninging in some sort of hall that the car was driving through. Surely I am not the only person that watched TV 10 years ago.

no, the ad sounds familiar... and i did some searches, but couldn't find anything. i'll try searching with the new information you provided a little later today.

regarding the "classical" music -- do you recall any prominent instruments?

Well, I remember the ad (it was giant swinging "balls" in a pendulum motion, with the car driving towards camera through them) - but don't remember the music.

The possible answer I found via search:

Lexus "Swinging Orbs"
Music: Prokofiev - "Montagues And Capulets" from Romeo & Juliet

You can hear a sample of that track off of Prokofiev's Best of Prokofiev classical CD at Amazon.com. (It's a familiar piece of music - it's probably what they used in the ad.)

I can't find much reference to "Lexus Swinging Orbs", so the commercial may have been titled something else (or by a different car maker). Anyone know anything more about this ad?

You are the man!! That is definitely it. This has been wearing on my mind off and on for years. Thanks alot!!!

Originally posted by lancasti@Jan 30 2004, 04:44 PM
This has been wearing on my mind off and on for years. Thanks alot!!!
No problem. That's why we're here. To cure all those "songs stuck in your head" that ads put in there.

Tell all your friends. ;)

Re: Lexus "Swinging Orbs"

I was searching for this commercial and came across your question. It's from 2004 and I wish I'd seen it sooner. You've probably already figured this out, but if not, the song is by Serge Prokofiev from Romeo and Juliet, Montagues and Capulets, Dance of the Nights. Skip to 1:14 in the following clip on youtube:

http://youtu.be/-LSxpxjMQ9c

If you ever happen to find the actual commercial, and I've been looking for YEARS, let me know!

Re: Lexus "Swinging Orbs"

It was a commercial for an Acura, it took me ages to find it!

Back