Advertising

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Status

Sponsored Links

It's the theme song to the film Requiem for a Dream. Apparently the marketing department for Lord of the Rings is too lazy to come up with their own music. Called "Hope Overture" by Clint Mansell and Kronos Quartet.

Ben

Status

What is the ASIN number? How about if i link to this:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=music
    Do i add /adtunes-20 after that?

Status

Originally posted by Kodos84@Dec 22 2003, 01:30 PM
    What is the ASIN number?
    The ASIN number is the code that identifies the product in the Amazon.com database. Think of it as the barcode number for each "product". In Amazon URLs, it's the 10 digit/letter code in the URL. (They're easy to find once you become used to looking for them. They usually follow the "ASIN" on some pages.) In your example, the ASIN number is B00005QVZT. It gets a bit tricky, but generally speaking, everything after the ASIN number is usually information that tells Amazon what page you came from. So you could link to your example URL like this:

Code:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005QVZT/adtunes-20/
    They're other ways to link to Amazon, too detailed to get into here. (If you look at the Adtunes.com front page, you'll see examples.) As I mentioned before, if you find yourself linking to a lot of Amazon products here, on other pages, or on your own website, you might want to sign up for your own Amazon Associates ID - it's free and fairly easy.
    jca adtunes.com ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> adtunes twitter.com

Status

I don't think it's 'Hope Overture'. I think I know which song GameStarr is talking about. Does it play near the last half of the trailer? Just before Aragorn starts up with his speech "I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me....."

I've been dying to find out what that song is. I'm not sure it's on the soundtrack. I've only found one sample of it on the soundtrack through the Apple Music Store (but then again, I haven't listened to every single song).

"Minas Tirith"

I hope there's a version of it like the one in the trailer or I'll feel really cheated.

Status

The Requiem For a Dream music was indeed used in a LOTR trailer, but it wasn't for Return of the King. It was used for The Two Towers.

Anyway, I know that the music for the ROTK trailer is taken from the soundtrack to second film. I don't know which track(s), though.

Status

it's in the second post of this thread. 'isengard unleashed' and 'forth earlingas' both on the two towers sdtk - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...BH5C/adtunes-20