iPod break dancing scratching tune

maccarrp

Reaction score
iPod break dancing / scratching ad music (announced january 6, 2004)

what's the tune?

lyrics:

are you ready...

Back to funk, swipe the funk, freak the funk
Hype the funk, and all that junk

Back to funk, swipe the funk, freak the funk
Hype the funk, and all that junk

Y'all ready?

Check the technique...see if you can follow it.

hit it ____ and i need competition.

What channel? What station?

___ ___ ___ and I'm ___ ___

it has samples from ultramagnetic mcs (Poppa Large), Jungle Brothers, and Gang Starr's (Check the Technique). but what is the version/dj/mix?

???

I've been trying to figure this out myself. No luck so far. Things will be a bit easier if/when Apple posts the ad to their website. (It's only appeared in the MacWorld Keynote streaming QT so far.) They did ID the previous songs/ads, so we can hope they do the same for the latest.

I got some ideas too..
Try Ultramagnetic MC's "Poppa Large" (that's the full mp3 there) or Sol Brothers - That Elvis Track.. I found a lyric match for that last one on this dude's weblog though I never found a clip for it..

Well, I couldn't find a sample to hear "Hype the Funk (DJ Wild Child mix)" off of Fulla Danger. I did find "That Elvis Track" by Sol Brothers (click links to hear samples at Amazon). It's definiately sampling the Sol Brothers song and Kool Keith's "Poppa Large" (as maccarrp and others have said) - but this is probably some new mix.

(Does anyone else hate tracking down info on electronica/dance tracks? Waaaaaay too many obscure remixes and DJs to keep up with.)

Ok, well, the answer was finally revealed:

"Channel Surfing" by Feature Cast

Good luck on finding it - I can't find any CD or info on the song/artist other than a 12" vinyl of that song at Amazon UK.

Actually, it's called "Channel Hopping" by Feature Cast" it's only available on 12", so far. You can also look up the compilation: "Straight Out The Cat Litter (Scoop 3)". There are LOTS of other cuts just as cool on this one. You may have to pay a hefty import cost...

There is an ad for iPod iTunes from a few months ago. I believe it was the first iTunes ad with all the dancing silhouettes (shadows). It shows a bunch of silhouettes of people dancing to a sort of hip-hop/techno beat. One of the silhouettes is a girl wearing lace up boots and her hair is in poofy pig tails. I really wanna know who and what this song is....it's killing me! I WANT THIS SONG SO BADLY! If you know it, please reply..... :rolleyes: :lol: :D

Nevermind! I just found it! But for those who were also wondering.... it is called "Channel Surfing" by Feature Cast. Damn I love this song! What a jam!

with a hip hop song, very upbeat - I think this was the first one, before the Jet song...
I know people have posted about Hey Mama by Black Eyed Peas, but that doesn't sound like it at all (unless it's a completely different remix)
thanks for any help

Does anyone know the name of the silhouette commercial song that is a punk song. It's a fairly new version of the ipod silhouette campaign. All I can tell you is that it's a punk song...and that the music video was directed by Michael Gondry.

I'm currious because I saw the video on MTV and was so WOWed by it that i looked at the director of the video and not the group or song title.

Originally posted by dittobunkie@Sep 12 2004, 05:08 PM
Does anyone know the name of the silhouette commercial song that is a punk song. It's a fairly new version of the ipod silhouette campaign. All I can tell you is that it's a punk song...and that the music video was directed by Michael Gondry.

I'm currious because I saw the video on MTV and was so WOWed by it that i looked at the director of the video and not the group or song title.
"Walkie Talkie Man" by Stereograms, answered here.

Good song, cool video. :)

i have done an ipod and an itune search and have come up with Ozmatli, Saturday night or the Ceasers but it is neither one

it is colorful with black siloettes with white ipods dancing rap and really rocks

lyrics:
are you ready
Now thats the funk
stripe the funk
free the funk
hype the funk and all that junk

HELP ME WHO IS THIS??????????

Back