2002 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

ithinkicannes

Reaction score
I've always wondered if anyone knew the song played at the third runway segment of last year's fashion show -- the one where Tyra Banks starts things off with a flamenco dance

Ok i've just found this place and i totally think it's the coolest. Thing is I really need your help. Who sings the song off the 2003 VS fashion show called "Fever" what versian is that paticular song and where can i find it. PLEEEEASE help MEEE! -Tara

The Flamenco was a "guitar concerto" apparently from Rodrigo....that's all I know.

I remember that, watching her bouce and clap her hands was fun. GO TYRA!

Originally posted by ithinkicannes@Dec 3 2003, 12:00 AM
I've always wondered if anyone knew the song played at the third runway segment of last year's fashion show -- the one where Tyra Banks starts things off with a flamenco dance?
I know you were looking for it, but all I can do is give you a link to wear to find the dubbing from the show itself.

The exact concerto Rodrigo used is a mystery. But VS hires their own composer to sync and synthesize all the beats and strings for the show.

Also, VS rendition of Ennio Morricone's "The Mission" that the gospel choir had to sing in the beginning. Also a dub.

Cheers

I also am searching for the flamenco song in the fashion show. Its driving me crazy.I started searching when I first saw it, and still didnt find it. PLEASE HELP!!!!! :(

I think the answer to the Rodrigo Concierto is

Tangerine D'or - Rodrigo: Concierto De Aranjuez. You can find the song in the album Masterworks Reworked by various artist. If I'm wrong I would like to learn the correct answer, too... Anyone who finds the song, can you send me a copy cause I don't have it either.

Originally posted by boseee@Jan 2 2006, 11:23 AM
I think the answer to the Rodrigo Concierto is

Tangerine D'or - Rodrigo: Concierto De Aranjuez. You can find the song in the album Masterworks Reworked by various artist. If I'm wrong I would like to learn the correct answer, too... Anyone who finds the song, can you send me a copy cause I don't have it either.
Are you sure?

I didn't sound like the one...I mean, it's the right tune--but I don't think it's the right mix.

The Victoria's Secret Fashion show is notorious for taking film score themes and other classical music and adding techno beats and guided orchestra strings to them.

It's close, but not close enough.

Also, the Tangerine D'or mix was done in 2004, the fashion show that Tyra Banks danced the flamenco number with the concerto was in 2002.

Damn, I really wish I could find that mix. The choir mix as well.

Does anyone know the song that was played after the flying angels? Karolina Kurkova was first out. Lyrics were "By the way, I tried to say I love you"

Oh nevermind. Once my brother heard it, he knew it was Red Hot Chili Pepper's By The Way.

Well that sounded like the one but I see that it's not. The one on the show was a bit upbeat I guess. That was my shot... Let me know if you find the right mix.

Originally posted by danman979@Jan 7 2006, 10:58 AM
VS just took the song and added techno stuff. They always do that...
Exactly--

The only thing I don't like is that they make it sound so catchy. :lol: :lol:

Remember, not only do the add techno, but they are really into orchestrations, strings and sound effects.

Take this years show--Whose idea was it to take the Audio Bullies remix of N Sinatra's Bang Bang and add Henry Mancini's Lujon? :lol: Bloody brilliant, that. And it sounded great.

Originally posted by pikespeaklosangeles+Jan 7 2006, 12:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pikespeaklosangeles @ Jan 7 2006, 12:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-danman979@Jan 7 2006, 10:58 AM
Exactly--

Remember, not only do the add techno, but they are really into orchestrations, strings and sound effects.

Take this years show--Whose idea was it to take the Audio Bullies remix of N Sinatra's Bang Bang and add Henry Mancini's Lujon? :lol: Bloody brilliant, that. And it sounded great. [/b][/quote]
I know! :lol:

VS has become much more than simply a fashion show. Now, it's a combination of the most beautiful girls, most beautiful clothes, most beautiful music, and most beautiful sets...damn them for making music so catchy and not releasing it!

Originally posted by waterfowl+Jan 7 2006, 05:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (waterfowl @ Jan 7 2006, 05:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by pikespeaklosangeles@Jan 7 2006, 12:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-danman979
@Jan 7 2006, 10:58 AM

Exactly--

Take this years show--Whose idea was it to take the Audio Bullies remix of N Sinatra's Bang Bang and add Henry Mancini's Lujon? :lol: Bloody brilliant, that. And it sounded great.
I know! :lol:

VS has become much more than simply a fashion show. Now, it's a combination of the most beautiful girls, most beautiful clothes, most beautiful music, and most beautiful sets...damn them for making music so catchy and not releasing it! [/b][/quote]
Maybe they will release it one day.

I know the woman's name who oversees the music--but I forgot it.

But, I know most of the ideas for the music come from Alexandre de Betak at Bureau Betak. They are fashion show geniuses. From Music the lighting--magnificent lot those guys are. :)

I am searching for the third runway segment of 2002 Victoria Secret - the one Tyra Bank's dancing flamenco dance with Spain Music.

I really want it to be my fashion show music!!!! ;)

Did you look through previous Victoria's Secret Fashion Show threads, like this one?

Back