Idea *Lightbulb!*

deaqon28

Advanced Member
Reaction score
Ur site should make things available for downloads like mp3.com, since u answer so many questions and know many of the songs people r lookin 4. convenience is ALL that is on people's minds today, u could make bundles of money if u put em on ur site. personally i think downloadin free stuff is wrong, but if u can't find it anywhere else, where can it be obtained? i'm not saying u should make the d/ls free tho.

Appreciate the suggestion. Unfortunately, offering MP3 (or video, etc.) downloads of commerical music is not feasible for us, both technically, financially, and legally.

I can't rule out what will happen in the future with regards to this site - it is only half a year old now - but I can tell you that the site was never intended to offer downloads/clips of various media. There is a reason that websites like Adcritic.com charge for access to downloads like that, and even they can't keep up with the vast catalog of commercials and such available.

The main purpose of this site is for information on commerical music, and that takes up most of our resources and time at the moment. :)

(It's funny you mention MP3.com - they were just acquired by CNET and will be deleting all the online music downloads they currently offer.)

Would it be feasible for you guys to make a complete list of songs found for commercials in alphabetical order by company? That would be much easier to look through than going through the month to month additions.

Originally posted by bc2625@Nov 26 2003, 01:24 AM
Would it be feasible for you guys to make a complete list of songs found for commercials in alphabetical order by company? That would be much easier to look through than going through the month to month additions.
No, I'm sorry, that isn't feasible at this time. Besides, you don't have to look through the month to month entries of the weblog. You can use the SEARCH function on the sidebar to find what you are looking for specifically. (You can also use the SEARCH function at the top of the forum to search through forum messages.)

Back