Pepsi Pop Culture

wookieman

Reaction score
A few years ago when pepsi had their pop culture bottle cap contest, they had a commercial where a girl and a guy clicked over bottle caps. Not very likely, but the cover of Rod Stewart's Some Guys Have All The Luck was pretty cool. Anyone know who did it? Thanks!

No luck on that song, but thanks for letting me know about that great site! It's already helped me find a lot of stuff I've wanted to know for a long time.

hi there... btw, just found this site and am LOVING IT
i believe the artist was actually rod stewart, but a remake of his original recording, and not the original itself

Originally posted by monicalyn@Oct 11 2003, 08:20 PM
i believe the artist was actually rod stewart, but a remake of his original recording, and not the original itself
I dont think so... from what i can remember it was a girl singing... and it was kind of a rock cover ala the Rachel Leigh Cook led Josie and the Pussycats... I know i have it on an old VHS somewhere, but no luck so far...

Just to verify that it wasn't Rod's voice...

This is quoted from "In the 80s":

Pepsi, using Rod Stewart's, "Some Guys Have All the Luck"

During the "Match the bottle caps" contest in the mid-90s, where you had to match the bottle caps with words printed inside them to spell out sentences to win cool prizes. This guy and girl are matching phrases to each other as a means of flirting. The version of the song was a club-remix, sans Stewart's vocals, using someone's else's.

Maybe you could search for, like it says, a "club-remix" of the song and you might luck out?

Hope that helps... :unsure:

Back