Miss Match

Don't know the title of the song - but I do know it's an original composition by Macy Gray made just for the show as a theme song.

I found this in an article: Singer Macy Gray has recorded "Love is Gonna Get You," the theme song for NBC's new Friday night drama, "Miss Match," starring Alicia Silverstone.

But good luck finding the song. If I find it, I will let you know, but I think it will eventually be released because it got such great response.

I think you're right... I assumed it was on her latest album that came out recently, but it's not...

The Macy Gray song was spacificly written for the show & is not on any CD or Single i am aware of. If you don't believe me i am pretty sure i mentions it in the fall tv preview issue of EW (entertainment weekly)..

no, we believe you... from what articles i have read they've all stated it was made just for the show.

however, has anyone else read about the fact that this song is a cover of a jocelyn brown song? can you confirm? (i haven't seen anything saying that macy gray actually wrote the song.)

According to the NBC FAQ:

The song, "Love is Gonna Get You," is performed by Macy Gray. Click here to listen and buy.

Michelle: You are partially correct. Jocelyn Brown did perform this song prior, on her 1999 album "Hits", however the actual composer of the song is listed only as "C."

Just a little tidbit of info, JB's "Love Is Gonna Get You" peaked twice at No. 1 on the Billboard charts in 1986. Once on the Club Play chart, and again on the Maxi-Singles Sales chart. It also hit No. 38 on the Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks charts that same year.

Information on Jocelyn Brown, "Hits," is here: Click for information

can anyone tell me the name of the song on Miss MAtch (NBC) i know it is Macy Gray - just need a title please

The song by Jocelyn Brown is not the same one that is used in the show. The Jocelyn Brown song is actually Love's Gonna Get You. It is totally different.

I had part of the theme on vidio tape. From the closed caption, these
are the words to the first part of the song.

I want to, want to be with you,
but I'm working night and day.
I came all this way to see you
and you tell me you need space.
Everyone I've known is compatible
with someone that I know.
I can never get it right,
and I don't know where to go.
Love is gonna get you, baby.
Someday one day,
it will be a good love that gets me.

I will try to record it next week and will try to post all the lyrics. I have not found the song on p2p, but I may try to encode the video tape into mp3.

Originally posted by michelle@Oct 10 2003, 11:42 PM
no, we believe you... from what articles i have read they've all stated it was made just for the show.

however, has anyone else read about the fact that this song is a cover of a jocelyn brown song? can you confirm? (i haven't seen anything saying that macy gray actually wrote the song.)
i did notice tonight, in the credits that the song was written by macy gray and some man (i can't remember the name). anyway, so it's an original song written by them for the show (and not a cover).

I just played the clip of the song from the NBC Feat.d music site...the bit of song that played was the 'Love is Gonna Get You" - but the info said "Macy performs the Miss Match theme song. Her song "When I See You" was featured in the premiere and is off her new album, The Trouble With Being Myself.". Hmmmm....still can't find it anywhere, but would love to!

Unless a full-length version of the song was made (and, as far as researching shows, there wasn't), you're likely not going to find the song anywhere -- since it was made, presumably, just for the show.

NBC is being sneaky by mentioning the theme and the new album in the same sentence on their site. Good trick, because people are going to buy the album thinking the song is on there, and it isn't unfortunately. It's too bad, because it's a cute song! :(

not a jocelyn brown song for sure. I checked and double checked, the two songs are completely different. So this theme song is an original by Macy Gray, just coincidentally titled similar to Jocelyn Brown's song.

It'll be nice to get an encoded version of this song on p2p!

Originally posted by mdai82@Nov 23 2003, 08:52 PM
not a jocelyn brown song for sure. I checked and double checked, the two songs are completely different. So this theme song is an original by Macy Gray, just coincidentally titled similar to Jocelyn Brown's song.

It'll be nice to get an encoded version of this song on p2p!
yeah, if you watch the credits at the end of the show it mentions the theme written by macy gray and the other guy (who i can't remember).

Many questions have been showing up online about the theme to Miss Match. It is known that the song is done by Macy Gray and was written especially for the show. No one has been able to find it released comercially or shared on p2p networks. Since it is such a catchy little tune, I recorded the show on VHS at SP, took the audio from the tape and encoded it into a wav file. I raised the db level +3, increased the low end and high end frequencies to compensate for the broadcast compression and added a slight reverb to liven it up. Then encoded it to mp3 at 192kbs and added the lyrics to the file's tags. I uploaded the file to a Yahoo Group. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NBC_Miss_Mat....Miss.Match.mp3
You will have to join the group to access the file. It's only about 1 meg in size so it is something that I could email to you. Download it, enjoy it and share it. Maybe we will hear it sampled and mixed in the clubs, you never know.

Lyrics
I want to, want to be with you,
but I'm working night and day.
I came all this way to see you
and you tell me you need space.
Everyone I've known is compatible
with somebody that I know.
I can never get it right
and I don't know where to go.
Someday one day
it will be a good love that gets me.
Someday one day I will find
somebody for me.

Does anyone know the name of the song that was playing the background during the final scene of Miss Match on Friday night... It was when Michael and Kate kissed in the kitchen and some of the lyrics are ..."if he's the one for me". It repeated several times... Very ochestra-esque and a ballad. Almost sounded like a show tune.

I would appreciate it if anyone knows.

Thanks!

Yeah, i saw the episode... Didn't recognize the song, and can't find anything about it yet online...

Back