HBO new promo song?

jjacks1327

Reaction score
i cannot figure out what the song in the latest HBO promos is..it plays over a montage of HBO's original series (six feet under, sopranos, curb your enthusiasm...) and some of the lyrics in the song are "i'm comin' home", sung by a male lead..it's a sort of jazzy dancy song that might be a remix/remake of an older song...another person posted a topic about this but no one has responded to her post, so i was hoping maybe i'd have better luck with this one...PLEASE HELP ME it's driving me nuts!!!

I vaguely remember the ad you're talking about - it's difficult since HBO changes their on-air promos frequently. Have you tried emailing HBO and asking them? You'd be surprised how often that works.

If you see/hear the ad again, getting more lyrics used will help the search immensely.

The only information I have been able to come up with so far is that a group called Tammany Hall NYC has provided two (if not more) songs for the Sunday HBO promo ads in the past: One called "Always on Sunday" and another called "Wait for You" (original title, "Wait for Jane").

They are both available from Amazon on an album called "Back In The Bottle."

You can even download the "Always on Sunday" song from Tammany Hall NYC's website.

(Just realized Tammany Hall NYC was previously discussed on the Forum here.)

But, I'll do some more searching to see about more recent promo's and what music is heard during them... :)

Originally posted by jjacks1327@Aug 14 2003, 12:53 AM
some of the lyrics in the song are "i'm comin' home", sung by a male lead..it's a sort of jazzy dancy song that might be a remix/remake of an older song.
Okay... I just read that the song is simply called "I'm Coming Home," and that Mel Torme sings a version (the original?) -- but, I have not seen it confirmed that he's the voice heard in the actual promo on HBO. Anyone know for certain?

thanks all for your help..the song that has been driving me insane is indeed Mel Torme's "Comin' on Home Baby"..but at least i also got to find out that Herbie Mann and David Sanborn also did instrumental versions of the song which are also good listens...so yeah, thanks again :)

Back