Prego

stever

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the name of the classical music playing in a current Prego spaghetti sauce spot? :huh: The commercial airs in Michigan and is a string orchestral piece. We have been stumped for music for our wedding and really love this particular music, but it's completely unfamiliar to us. If you could tell me the name of the music or a way to find it, I'd really appreciate the help.
Thanks!

The new commecials for Prego tomato sauce, featuring nostalgic images of Italian-American life, has a beautiful piece of music being played during it. It has a classical feel, with a prominent violin, making me think it may be a violin concerto. There is a touch of a more modern edge to it as well, which makes it sound like it could be something from 1900 to now. Any help would be appreciated!

Found it on another message board!!

It's "Illumination" by the new age group Secret Garden, from their 1997 album White Stones.

"Illumination" by the new age group Secret Garden

Sorry guys I don't want to pee on your bonfire but I'm afraid I have to. I watched the advert (There are in fact two different ones) and listened to the music mentioned above....and although its very close to one of them.....its not the tune. I emailed Prego as a result and here is their reply!

I received your inquiry regarding the music that is used in the Prego
commercials that are now on air. This music was composed especially for the
spot. According to the account director and creative director at Y&R (our
Prego advertising agency), only 30 seconds of music was composed. We have
received numerous requests from consumers who would like to get a
full-length version of this music. In fact, one consumer wanted to use it
for her wedding. No artist information is available at this time.

All I can say is if you want to get married to this tune :huh: unless you plan on a 30 second shotgun wedding, your best bet is to use the tune mentioned above.

Damn I'm pedantic....sorry :(

Hope this helps

Rob

Have you ever seen that really cheesy prego commercial where it shows tomatoes and herbs being diced and made into Prego Speghetti Sauce, while a slow violin solo plays and text cards come up saying that you should "Bring something nice to the table....Your family."

The violin solo is very catchy, and I'd be interested in finding sheet music or the name of that song, but instrumental songs are extremely hard to find. If anyone else knows the name, I'd be much appreciative if you'd tell it to me.

The Prego commercials are back on with the same music but this time with a different ending. I really liked the original one that was on about 6 months ago. Anyway, someone referred to it as a Ragu commercial but I believe we're talking about the same thing...

:rolleyes: Can someone please tell me the name of the song heard in the Prego Sauce Commercial? Thank you.

Hi there, I am in the same boat as you. Trying to find out who does this song and what it is called? I may try and contact the Prego company directly to see if they can help.

Katy B)

Prego is made by Campbell's. I emailed them for info on the music - if I get a reply I will post it. Thanks Katy.

it sure does sound VERY similar to the Ennio Morricone soundtrack "Mission To Mars"

Mission to Mars (2000) Directed by Brian De Palma. Starring:
Gary Sinise, Tim Robbins & Don Cheadle

Re: New Prego commercial

It's David H Horowitz who composed that music. It is 3min. 40 seconds long.

Back