Mercedes Benz "World On A String"

top3321

Reaction score
Does anyone know who is singing "ïve got the world on a string" in the new mercedes benz summer event commercials?

I believe "I've Got The World On A String" was originally by Frank Sinatra, but if I'm thinking of the same commercial there's a woman singing it. Not sure who it is that remade it, may be in-house..

2004 Mercedes-Benz "Strings"

Who does the version of "I've Got the World on a String" in the new Mercedes-Benz USA ads?

Who is the artist who sings "World on a String" in the new MB commercials? The singer has sort of a Nora Jones style.

I found this info:

"We appreciate your interest in our commercial. The song in the advertisement of our "Strings" commercial is an original arrangement of "I've Got the World on a String" by Sound Music, and is sung by Ann M. Hayden. This original arrangement is exclusive for this advertisement and is not available for sale."

Does anyone know who sings the song from the new Mercedes Benz commercial? It's a woman's voice and some of the lyrics are "I've got the world on the string...somebody tell me I'm in love".

Any help would be great!
Thanks!

:D I'm working on it. All i could find so far that the original song is called "i've got the world on a string". It seems like they modified the song a little bit for the commercial (and changed some words as well) because the original song is more like a jazz or blues song of some kind (zzz-zzz-z, boring).

Anyways when i find out more about the modified version, i'll post my results. :rolleyes:

Searcher

Hi i've been seeing a new benz commercial advertising a summer sale or something where all these people have string tied to their finger (like a reminder right?). Does anyone know what song is playing?
Thanks!

Hey everybody, I found out who really sings the song in the Mercedes-Benz commercial. Her name is "Erin O'hara" and she has a website! Go to Erin O'Hara.

Don't everyone thank me all at once. :angel:

Behind every great man there's a woman rolling her eyes
:rolleyes:

What is the theme song for the new Mercedes-Benz commercial that shows people taking strings off their fingers once they buy a Benz. It goes something like "I got a string in front of me....." Please let me know, thanks.

Does anyone know the artist singing the music track for a Mercedes Benz Summer Sale commercial that came on air within the past 8 weeks. It's a female artist, a song I recognize but am hard-pressed to place it. Lyrics include "I've got the world on a string.... Spot ends with "Don't you know that I'm in love.."

It ran endlessly during NBC's Wimbeldon coverage as well as a lot of other places. The agency spent a lot of the client's money on this one.

It's driving me crazy.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

The name of the artist is "Erin O'Hara". The song is called "I've got the world on a string". This song is an oldy, but she redid it. It's wonderful. I haven't been abl eto find a copy of it anywhere. Her personal website is: www.erinohara.com. I checked the album but, it isn't on there...must just be an ad fo Mercedes Benz. :(...If any one finds where it can be found,please post here. Thanks...

I found this on her web site. http://www.erinohara.com/ I guess the single she refers to is the car song. ---

"Hello Loverlies,

If you watch TV or listen to the radio, check out the current Mercedes Benz campaign. I'm singing..."I've got the world on a string..." My gifted friend Danny Weinkauf of 'They Might Be Giants' produced the spot with Sound Music Productions. Go Danny.

Huge thanks to all of the SEX AND THE CITY fans who have responded to my music. I will be releasing a single of the song very soon. Stay tuned."

I love Erin O'Hara's rendition of "I've Got The World on a String" in the current Mercedes-Benz tv commercial campaign!

Where can I get it???

I checked, and iTunes does not offer it... Is it available anywhere? It's a must-have in my music library!!!!!

Please help!

I have only heard this commercial a couple of times. It starts with a woman's hand with a string tied on her finger, trailing her hand into a swimming pool. I think a woman is singing something like "got the world on a string...". Please help.

It's for the new Mercedes. The song is "I've got the world on a string", and is sung by Erin O'hara. I believe it's a cover of a Frank Sinatra song. Hope that helps.

If this is the commercial you are thinking of, here is the info:

Here is the official answer from Mercedes-Benz...

"We appreciate your interest in our commercial. The song in the
advertisement of our "Strings" commercial is an original arrangement
of "I've Got the World on a String" by Sound Music, and is sung by Ann
M. Hayden. This original arrangement is exclusive for this
advertisement and is not available for sale."

Tim

Hello. I know I'm new but I researced everything I could with the search tool before deciding to post.

My question is about the 2004 Mercedes-Benz "I've Got The World On A String" ads sung by Erin O'Hara. Thank you everyone for providing that information.

Obviously, the song is not available. But if anyone can give me the MAKE of the specific car, I have a feeling I / anyone who wants the song could find at least the video somewhere online. I checked youTube and they have hundreds of MB commercials, but I have no idea where to look there. I searched with many different keywords but none of them matched exactly.

Anyways, point being: can one of the other poor souls wanting this song give me the make and any information about the car itself? Please!

Thank you for your time.

Back