Nissan Frontier

dascoot

expat
Reaction score
OK, now.. this one is hard for me not only because I don't know the make, model, or year of the truck but because there are two versions of this commercial. Alright, here goes..
In the ad there is this muted music - I guess supposedly coming from the inside of the truck. It's nighttime in what appears to be a city setting. On camera you can see a dump truck parked in the street, looks like it might be parked under an overpass or something. The pickup in question drives on camera and pulls up next to the dump truck. When the driver opens the door it hits the dump truck, which wavers then tips over.
Now, the commercial I'm thinking of is maybe a couple of years old. I recently saw it again - well, I say recently, it might have been around the new year or so - but this time when I heard it there was a different song playing. The one I'M looking for is the earlier song. It sounds silly but the best way I can describe the song is kinda country-techno.. like maybe it was a country or southern rock song that got remixed. No words to it to speak of, except when the copy comes up on the screen there's a man that's just kinda going "Hey! Hey!"
Hope that's descriptive enough. :oops:

As I recall this was a Nissan truck commercial and for the most recent model. No clue on the music though.

No I sure didn't.. I'll swear I heard it before though so I know it's not commissioned. :x Augh what IS IT??

That song has haunted me for the longest time, as well...

Until I was introduced to R.L. Burnside via a song called "It's Bad You Know."

I thought that maybe IBYK was that very song, since it sounded very familar, but it wasn't quite it.

Then, I clicked onto one of the British ad links and looked around, and lo and behold, Nissan had used a song by Burnside.

After downloading it to confirm, I can finally answer this query...

Nissan ad - Frontier knocking over dump truck - "Rollin' Tumblin'" - R.L. Burnside.

That's a great song .. I wish more of Burnside's stuff sounded like that.

Ever heard Jeff Beck's Rollin' and Tumblin'?

Originally posted by RRA092078@Sep 11 2003, 11:28 PM
That song has haunted me for the longest time, as well...

Until I was introduced to R.L. Burnside via a song called "It's Bad You Know."

I thought that maybe IBYK was that very song, since it sounded very familar, but it wasn't quite it.

Then, I clicked onto one of the British ad links and looked around, and lo and behold, Nissan had used a song by Burnside.

After downloading it to confirm, I can finally answer this query...

Nissan ad - Frontier knocking over dump truck - "Rollin' Tumblin'" - R.L. Burnside.
Dude! You RAWK!! Thank you so much.. and here I'd given up all hope.. :D :D :D

Back