Canadian Tire

Anubis2084

Reaction score
Does anyone know the song and artist in the new Canadian tire ad? It has a woman getting ready to go for a jog. Then finds she's been snowed in. The music is awesome. My girlfriend and I tried to shazam it but nothing was found. We were so disappointed. Any help would be great and my girlfriend would think I'm a hero :)

Hi Anubis2084 – Canadian Tire here! We saw your question and wanted to let you know about the music in our LIVESTRONG Fitness TV commercial.

The singer is John Mays, born in Dawson, Georgia in 1941. He discovered his love of music singing gospel in southern churches as a child. Over the course of his career he sang through a few genres - gospel in the ’40s, doo-wop on street corners in New York in the ’50s, soul in the ’60s, and funk in the ’70s.

This is original music, put together by John Mays and Steve McKinnon (producer at RMW) for a pitch for advertising agency, TAXI. Unfortunately the song is not available yet for distribution.

Hope that helps!

Hey Canadian Tire!

The song is awesome. Thank you for the help. Any idea when it might be released or made available to the public.

Thanks again

Glad we could help! We're hoping to have it made public soon, and we'll be sure to share it with our Twitter followers (@CanadianTire) when we do. Stay tuned!

Back