2011 Acura TL

miss ravenclaw

Reaction score
This commercial features Calvin Johnson (All-Pro Receiver) being undressed from his football gear, and dressed in a a suit and tie.

The line is "It works with people. It works with cars. The newly refined Acura TL. Aggression in its most elegant form."

The classical music is obviously cello solo -- Sounded similar to "Suite for Cello No. 1 in G Major, BWV 1007: I. Prelude"

Any help would be great :)

/Kat

Although newly registered, I've long frequented this site. I came here to find the music to this one and am surprised it isn't already here.

Admittedly, I'm of little help to the problem (with no start point/known resources at my disposal) but I'd imagine given the popularity of the commercial something should turn up.

EDIT: I should add to this, that the title of the thread may be misleading, as the 2011 Acura TL commercials that I'm aware of have very different music than the "Newly Refined 2012 Acura TL" (aggression in its most elegant form) commercial.

After following the rabbit hole down a bit further, it came out to the actual commercial on Youtube (which strangely doesn't appear via YouTube's search): http://youtu.be/4_cGuIO-aP4

Someone reported the song as being "Bach - Cello Suite No.1 i-Prelude." Can't confirm yet, but the production link is here as well.

Okay. I did some more digging, called the production company listed at the above link, and was told the song is actually an original composition done by scoring company called Human, located in Santa Monica.

Doubtful the music extends beyond the allotted time for a commercial, or is available to the public. You could of course call them and ask (Mention you want info on the 2012 Acura TL "aggression in its most elegant form" commercial music).

http://www.humanworldwide.com/#contact

Not what I wanted to hear, but apparently is the best answer we're going to get save that they created an entire song and have made it publicly available.

They're still showing the Calvin Johnson commercial.

Thanks for that link, I found some nice other commercials.

There's a Liberty Mutual commercial on there I like. I'm trying to find the one for Devry and Edward Jones.

Back