Humane Society

Reaction score
It's not Natalie Merchant's 'My Skin' or Sarah's 'Angel'.

It's a instrumental song; and I was wondering if anyone knew the name of it?

I looked for a video of it and I cannot find it anywhere.

Thank you. Sadly it's not it. I don't know what it was.

They seem to be coming out with a lot of the Humane Society ads lately.

The Humane Society of the United States

Does anyone know the music playing in the background / intro of this commercial for The Humane Society of the United States with Wendie Malick?

this may sound crazy, but to me, this song is so addictive. i'm instantly attracted to listen to it everytime i hear it. it's kind of strange actually. but anyways. i couldn't find the song, but it reminds me of a song ive heard before, and ive searched and searched, and couldnt remember where the song was from, but today i finally found it. It sounds a lot like the song from 28 days later (The scary movie) its called "In the House- In a heartbeat" by John Murphy. it's not exactly the same song, but it's very similar. heres the youtube link:

YouTube - John Murphy - In the House - in a Heartbeat

this may sound crazy, but to me, this song is so addictive. i'm instantly attracted to listen to it everytime i hear it. it's kind of strange actually. but anyways. i couldn't find the song, but it reminds me of a song ive heard before, and ive searched and searched, and couldnt remember where the song was from, but today i finally found it. It sounds a lot like the song from 28 days later (The scary movie) its called "In the House- In a heartbeat" by John Murphy. it's not exactly the same song, but it's very similar. heres the youtube link:

YouTube - John Murphy - In the House - in a Heartbeat

Really? I see no similarities on my part. :O And I've listened to this song more than a 100 times (I've had this song in my collection for years now).

The song the original poster was talking about (if this is the instrumental I think they were talking about) sounds like post-rock. On the likes of God Is An Astronaut, Sigur Ros, etc. I KNOW I've heard it before, so I THINK I have it in my collection. *goes to listen to ALL my post rock songs....there's so many, oy vey*

Its been driving me nuts! BUT, can someone else confirm with me that it might be "uninvited" by alanis morisette!? City of angles soundtrack...

Its been driving me nuts! BUT, can someone else confirm with me that it might be "uninvited" by alanis morisette!? City of angles soundtrack...
I really don't see ANY resemblance. :(

I have been loosing my mind about this same song for a while now too, it is amazingly "enchanting" I guess for lack of a better word...i will find it tho and will post it here as I understand your pain, lol. And "in the house in a heartbeat" it's exactly the example I usually use, that and clint mansell music...

The previous link's comment:

I emailed the Humane Society for you:

"here’s what I’ve found out about the current song—

The background music featured in this commercial was developed specifically for HSUS. It’s a piece of stock music that’s been digitally enhanced and modified, so anyone searching for it will not be able to access exactly what they hear.

So sorry for this inconvenience, but that’s all the information that I could find out about this music…thanks again for your interest."

The song is called By My Side by Pete Kilpatrick Band..... the song is digitally redone to the point that the song itself is no longer the same.... Shazam was able to distinguish it though. If you listen carefully to that song you'd be able to hear it.

The song is called By My Side by Pete Kilpatrick Band..... the song is digitally redone to the point that the song itself is no longer the same.... Shazam was able to distinguish it though. If you listen carefully to that song you'd be able to hear it.
I listened REALLY carefully, but didn't hear any similar keys, etc...

I've been searching for this every since I saw this commercial. It sounded so familiar. Then I figured out it sounded very similar to the background music in the Linkin Park song ”In The End”

Are we talking about the same music? I, too am on a quest for one the commercials. By the way, hello all, I'm new here.

The music I hear (the commercial is stored in my DVR) is a very dark, classical type of music. It reminds me of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonota but it is not that one.

I could post a short sound clip before the advert voice kicks in if anyone would like to compare and see if what I am looking for is what you're looking for ~ or if anyone recognizes the piece of "sounds like classical music" . . . music. Let me know!

Paula

Ok, I can answer this question. No thanks to the difficulty of trying to get my lost password and those stupid capta verifications.

The name of the song is:

East Hastings by Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Try this video of it at about :39 seconds in. . .

I'm not surprised no one has answered it as yet. It is from the album F# A# Infinity

It is available here on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/infinity-symbol-Godspeed-Black-Emperor/dp/B000007T2Z/?tag=adtunes-20

Hope this has been responsive to your inquiry. . . (No I am not affiliated with the Humane society. )

Wesley H.

Ok, I can answer this question. No thanks to the difficulty of trying to get my lost password and those stupid capta verifications.

The name of the song is:

East Hastings by Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Try this video of it at about :39 seconds in. . .

http://youtu.be/5gmxBRkQd70

I'm not surprised no one has answered it as yet. It is from the album F# A# Infinity

It is available here on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/infinity-symbol-Godspeed-Black-Emperor/dp/B000007T2Z/?tag=adtunes-20

Hope this has been responsive to your inquiry. . . (No I am not affiliated with the Humane society. )

Wesley H.

Unfortunately, I see no similarity to the melody, except for the "post-rock" ish of the music. So I don't think that's the song, unless you can pinpoint me to the exact melody from the commercial, in the video you linked to.

It's not Natalie Merchant's 'My Skin' or Sarah's 'Angel'.

It's a instrumental song; and I was wondering if anyone knew the name of it?

I looked for a video of it and I cannot find it anywhere.

If you are still interested and haven't found the answer yet, it's Godspeed You! Black Emperor - East Hastings

As I mentioned in the original posting, listen at about 39 seconds into the video of the song. The melody is the same. . .

As I mentioned in the original posting, listen at about 39 seconds into the video of the song. The melody is the same. . .

I've listened to it a few times by now. I'm not hearing the same melody, man. They're alike, but not the same. Personally, I'm going to keep searching.

Back