Macy's Labor Day "Find Your Magic"

marquita188

Reaction score
do anyone know the name of the song in this ad? "you have to believe" or something like that..

Re: Macy's Labor Day

The original song is "Magic" by Olivia Newton John from the 80s movie Xanadu. I do not know who is doing this version. If anyone knows that would be awesome!

The original song is "Magic" by Olivia Newton John from the 80s movie Xanadu. I do not know who is doing this version. If anyone knows that would be awesome!

oh, ok.

I haven't heard the version in the commercial, but the only cover I know is this one....

Disney Channel star Meaghan Jette Martin covered the song for the soundtrack CD to The Wizards of Waverly Place.

the band is Stimulator and yes, it's a cover of Magic from Xanadu

I have to disagree. The cover used in the Macy's ad sounds more like Meaghan Jette Martin to me. I've listened to the ad, and the two covers, and I'd have to say it's either Meaghan Jette Martin or some other young female singer, but definitely not the Stimulator version.

Sorry Vinray. Youre wrong. There was a press release that Macy's had signed Stimulator to a licensing deal to help promote "Magic". Here is the link:

http://www.free-press-release.com/n...fall-find-your-magic-campaign-1282886875.html

Stimulator notably opened for Duran Duran during their reunion tour years ago. The cover "Magic" was on their second album. In order to make said album, they solicited donations from various people online to complete the album. I was a minor donor at that time. I'm glad to see they are getting some press out of this. She is quite the performer if you see them live.

Last edited:
Back