2011 Kia Sportage

Sounds like Lenny Kravitz. Maybe something new coming out? Or a great copy of his style...which I guess is a copy of someone else's style. :D

I have been waiting a couple of weeks to see if someone asked about this commercial because I wanted to know who it was, too. I think it sounds like Smashing Pumpkins when the person says yeah yeah at the end of the commercial. Any thoughts if it could be them?

So I downloaded the youtbue video and converted it to audio using real player and ran it through some music recognition software and got nothing. I also put the word out on aardvark and got a few people also looking though the consensus is that this is just a custom bit of song written for the purposes of this commercial. Nonetheless, I emailed kia consumer relations about the song so I'll post again if I get anything back from them. (I've had some success with that in the past)

I believe the song you are looking for is "I am the Unknown" by The Aliens.

I believe the song you are looking for is "I am the Unknown" by The Aliens.

That song must have been used in another commercial besides the links that were posted for the Kia Sportage 2011 commercial being asked about already.

The outro on the Kia Sportage ad in question is indubitably similar to "I am the Unknown," but they are not the same song. "I am the Unknown" has a harmonic progression of I-V-II-VI, whereas the the outro has the same progression, adding a final V in first inversion leading into the next repeat. That's a lot of musical jargon to say: The chord changes are similar but not exactly the same.

The opening guitar riffs do not appear anywhere in The Aliens' tune, and the guitar tracks have been engineered for different effects (ie, they don't even sound alike).

This is close, but it's not the tune we're looking for.

So today I got a phone call from Kia in response to the email I sent them, They said the song was called either called "Needle Drop" or "Eagle Drop" (it was a little difficult to understand the message) through a company called Asche and Spencer

I emailed Asche and Spencer and asked Carol Dunn (the Executive Producer) if this song "Pindrop" was their song and she said yes the song is their song. She wasn't sure if the name was Pindrop, but she will check on it and get back to me. So I believe the Artist Company is Asche & Spencer ... Title: Pindrop
Carol will get back to me if it has more to the song and if it will be available to sale.

Saaahweet...great work folks. Very much appreciated as it is is cool tune (from the snippet that we have ll seen in the ad anyway ;) ).

I knew it wasn't I Am Unknown by the Aliens (one of my favorite songs). But I thought the same thing as the poster - the part where he says I am Unknown - does sound a lot like the commerical where singers says yeah yeah yeah yeah - and I wondered for a minute if they had taken just that part of the song and added "yeah yeah" instead. But then it didn't make sense that the rest of the commercial song has a completely different instrumental part in the start of it. I'm glad someone else was persistent and got the company to tell you for sure who it was. Thanks!

I mam looking for this track too. Please let us know the status of the search! Thanks.

nothing new on the needle drop i'm guessing ... drat, they could be on to something with that!!

the ending vocals sounded a lot like the 60's version of hush by deep purple. I cant find an audible version of the song pindrop anywhere to even see what it sounds like

Tidings of great joy which shall be to all fans of this song:

----- Original Message -----
To: Jon A. Pastor
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 1:57 PM
Subject: Re: Song request

it will be up on cdbaby.com in the next 12 hours...
look out for it.
i will be sending an email to persons such as yourself who have made the same request.
thanks for the interest...

carol dunn – executive producer
asche & spencer
carol -at- ascheandspencer.com

www.ascheandspencer.com

Last edited by a moderator:
The song is available on Amazon.com mp3 called Pin Drop by Asche & Spencer. It is 1:53 and .99 to buy. Couldn't have found it without you guys!!

Back