Advertising

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Status

Default Re: AT&T Blackberry Torch 9800

Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by hnelson2 View Post
    THANK YOU n27, THIS IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR, YOU WERE THE ONLY ONE THAT WAS CORRECT. (understanding of course that there may be more than one commercial)
    YAYY!! thank you!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by bartonaw View Post
    It is stolen from the Moby song "Natual Blues" on the Album "Play"

Leave it to advertisers...they would quote Shakespeare and take credit for it if they could get away with it...spread the answer around I don't want these Arseholes getting away with this...as you can tell this is a pet peeve of mine to not give credit to the original artist.

Everywhere I looked I found a canned answer which was WRONG. It is not by AT&T. They want you to buy some POS CD with tracks that they say are original...don't fall for their BS.
    Wow, strong words! It took me only a very few minutes of research to find out it is the song Everyday by Buddy Holly! From what I can see AT&T isn't trying to put anything over on us. Maybe I missed it, but I haven't found AT&T taking credit for just people saying they think AT&T created it.

I perk up every time I hear the commercial and went looking for the song. I was very happy to find the entire song -- you can listen to the entire song by Buddy Holly on youtube --> [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMezwtB1oCU"]YouTube - Buddy Holly - Everyday[/ame]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by moonbeam1163 View Post
    It took me only a very few minutes of research to find out it is the song Everyday by Buddy Holly!
    This thread is about a different BlackBerry commercial. The BlackBerry ad with the Buddy Holly song was covered here:

http://adtunes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100463
    jca adtunes.com ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> adtunes twitter.com

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hnelson2 View Post
    THANK YOU n27, THIS IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR, YOU WERE THE ONLY ONE THAT WAS CORRECT. (understanding of course that there may be more than one commercial)
    Wow, double fail. Did you both forget to look at the very first post, the one that started this topic? In that post is a video and we are looking for the song in THAT video. "there may be more than one commercial" but we're only talking about one commercial here.

So does anybody have the correct answer?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Keyro View Post
    Wow, double fail. Did you both forget to look at the very first post, the one that started this topic? In that post is a video and we are looking for the song in THAT video. "there may be more than one commercial" but we're only talking about one commercial here.

So does anybody have the correct answer?
    GEEZE DUDE CALM DOWN!

they change like every couple of weeks, chances are everyone is right at one point or another.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by bartonaw View Post
    It is stolen from the Moby song "Natual Blues" on the Album "Play"

Leave it to advertisers...they would quote Shakespeare and take credit for it if they could get away with it...spread the answer around I don't want these Arseholes getting away with this...as you can tell this is a pet peeve of mine to not give credit to the original artist.

Everywhere I looked I found a canned answer which was WRONG. It is not by AT&T. They want you to buy some POS CD with tracks that they say are original...don't fall for their BS.
    Although this thread is for a completely different commercial, I do want to point out that in the one you're referring to they give credit to Moby before the song even begins. Watch it again closely and you'll see the "actor" touch Moby with the subheading for the song "We are all made of stars." Some advertisers do seem to rip off musicians, but this doesn't seem to be the case for Moby.