Lawless

fernobulax

Reaction score
Can anyone identify the two songs used in this trailer?

Especially the first one?

Thanks

Re: Lawless Trailer Music

i hope someone knows this one because i've heard it in a trailer for a video game called Saints row the third killbane trailer

Re: Lawless Trailer Music

i hope someone knows this one because i've heard it in a trailer for a video game called Saints row the third killbane trailer

It's called "Bartholomew" by a band called The Silent Comedy!

Lawless 2nd trailer

Can anyone identify the track at 0:45 in the new trailer for lawless?

thanks for the help.

Re: Lawless 2nd trailer

I have no idea, but it was also used on a Saints Row trailer.

Ok, the Groove Addicts - Full Tilt Black 2 song is correct for the saints row ad, that is just simply an instrumental. The song used in the lawless ad has an entirely different drum beat and also has background hand claps laid over the track. The newer trailer also reveals that the song has lyrics later on. AND NO! IT IS NOT THE SILENT COMEDY'S BARTHOLOMEW!

here is a link to the newer trailer! FIND THIS SONG!!!

[video]http://www.fandango.com/movie-trailer/exclusive:lawlesscorruptiontvspot-trailer/150795/2265058414[/video]

Here is the original song with the hand claps in it..

"Hand Clapping Song" - The Meters

Crafty

thanks for the lead crafty, i found this;

Hand Clapping Song (Sean's "God Is A Drummer" Extended Solo Mix)

that pretty much nails the beginning of the song and the lyrics of the later part I sort of heard on my TV when i blasted it tonight. It either sounds like 'we fought the law, (chorus) we fought the law, yea yea yea yea, ah yeah' or 'help me now, (chorus) help me now, well help me now, (chorus repeats)' the yea yea yeahs fade into a oldie-funky-gospel-choir-rock sort of thing. it was hard to tell because of the announcer talking over it and the length of the sample only being about 4-5 seconds long.

unfortunately with the song's similarity to the hand clapping song and a lone editing project on youtube based on the meters song, this is seeming more and more like the work of an editing project put together by the advertising company or possibly a new and unreleased track from the musician putting together the movie's soundtrack; Nick Cave and what seems to be a new ad-hoc group called "The Bootleggers".

I will keep searching.

scoured through all the songs of the released movie playlist and none of the samples i heard were in the trailers. It seems like Nick Cave only got licenses for about three or four songs and just had his people do a few different cover versions of each (Snake Song, Fire in the Blood, etc...)

In any case, this does not help us in this endeavor. Comparing the Hand clap song to the beginning of the trailer now casts some doubt in my mind as the overall feel is the same but the beat is different. I am no longer sure that it is a cover of the old meters' song.

The song towards the end of the TV trailer for Lawless is by my friends band The Heavy. The song is called What Makes A Good Man... They also did the main theme for The Fighter movie How you Like Me Now.

Link below for What Makes A Good Man- Hope this helps!!

http://youtu.be/08h0IVs4RKQ

The song towards the end of the TV trailer for Lawless is by my friends band The Heavy. The song is called What Makes A Good Man... They also did the main theme for The Fighter movie How you Like Me Now.

Link below for What Makes A Good Man- Hope this helps!!

http://youtu.be/08h0IVs4RKQ

YOU ARE A GOD! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I got the song How You Like Me Now and kept playing it over, I knew the singers sounded extremely similar. It is hard to find other songs from this band, but I really love their sound. Tell your friend to keep it up!

With great thanks to wizard head, and a little more research i found both songs used in the awesome trailers; Both done by the amazing band THE HEAVY. The first one played at the beginning of the clip with the drum beat and hand claps (similar to the hand clap song) was "Strong Enough" by The Heavy

http://youtu.be/BK5Y1HSG-ak

The second song, played during the end of the video with the lyrics, as found above is "What makes a good man?" by The Heavy.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Back