Celebrity voice-overs in commercials

this is so interesting. I've been guessing voice overs in commercials for years and I'm shocked to see so many that I didn't recognize but when you see who it is you think.........yeah!

I'm having trouble with the voice over at the end of the VW commercial. The guy says, "Volks Wagen.......das auto". I'm thinking it's the actor who played Geoffry Rush's father in the move Shine but my hubby thinks it's the bad guy in Lethal Weapon 2. Anyone know?

this is so interesting. I've been guessing voice overs in commercials for years and I'm shocked to see so many that I didn't recognize but when you see who it is you think.........yeah!

I'm having trouble with the voice over at the end of the VW commercial. The guy says, "Volks Wagen.......das auto". I'm thinking it's the actor who played Geoffry Rush's father in the move Shine but my hubby thinks it's the bad guy in Lethal Weapon 2. Anyone know?
Never mind guessing voice overs, I thought the Dale Winton lookalike in the cash for gold advert was a poor double.......until someone pointrd out that it was actually him! I hope they got a discount.

I think you're looking for Peter Stormare.

Check here:

I wonder if Mercedes has dropped Richard Thomas's contract? Jon Hamm (Don Draper) does the VO in the most recent commercial I've seen.

In the DirecTV commercials where the TV is taking over your cable, is that Thomas Haden Church as the voice of the TV?

Angela Kinsey is in a few Nice 'n Easy ads. Christina Moore is in one with her.

Lindsay McKeon as the bartender in a (stupid) Miller Lite beer commercial.

Re: Dodge Ram Voice Over

My god its Sam Elliot the most sexist male voice on the planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Played in road house ghost rider among many many others!!!!!! He is sooo hot!!!!!!!!!

Re: Dodge Ram Voice Over

In the commercial for Ford Focus, who is the guy who is driving around with the puppet ("it's not okay to smell my boss' fingers) and who is the voice of the puppet? They look/sound familiar.

Jamie Kaler (from My Boys) on a KFC commercial.

Jessica St. Clair in Marshall's ads.

Voiceover

Does anyone know who does the voiceover for University of Phoenix - "let's get to work." It sounds like Phyllicia Ryshaad of "The Cosby Show".

Re: Voiceover

Does anyone know who does the voiceover for University of Phoenix - "let's get to work." It sounds like Phyllicia Ryshaad of "The Cosby Show".

It is Phylicia Rashad doing the voice-over for The University of Phoenix commercials.

I think it was in the '80s that Richard Chamberlain did a series of voiceovers for Cadillac ads. They stopped sooner than they appeared.

More recently, he did a couple of new ones -- for Cadillac's rival, Infiniti!

Well, guess what? Infiniti seems to have dropped him faster than Cadillac did!

"This is inspired performance."

Did you notice James Earl Jones has started appearing in commercials for Sprint cell phones? I think this is a little strange since he used to do voiceovers for Verizon.

But let's face it, there's only one James Earl Jones, and his voice is pretty much the best for everything.

Back