2004 Ford Escape "Lake"

Hi, Sophist! Read carefully: It will be the 8th video from the bottom. It will be 1.66mb in size. It will be marked as "2005 (3)" - meaning its their third video for 2005. And best of all, you will actually see the white Ford Escape with two (red & blue) canoes on top - heck, it's the only escape with canoes on top in that whole list, so click it and enjoy! Good luck, I hope this helps.

And as for the rest of you, I have submitted to Ford the detailed info as to the exact time, date, channel, and show during which the commercial was aired for sure. That's what they asked me to do in order to "research your question more efficiently". They seem to have genuinely taken this matter into concern! But they also seem to be expiriencing a greater influx in email than usual (perhaps because of us...? he-he...) But this now leads them to extend their replying period from 3 business days to 3-5 days. So we might have to enter a lengthy communication period with them... But at least we're getting closer to the heart of the matter!

Keep On Looking!

With Best Musical Regards,
Maestro Al

Still have not found anything. My collection of ambient music is quite extensive and I am doing my best to get to it whenever I have the chance. Also, received the "form letter" from Ford. Are they stupid? Why don't they look on their own website like we did and listen to the music, call their ad department and get us an answer. It's not rocket science.

I know! It's annoying. I also just received a letter from Ford telling me that they were "initiating the search"! It's like the third search they initiated just for this board! And still not answer.
You'd think one Ford department can call up the other Ford department and get the answer in a matter of minutes, but no! Sheesh!

I share your frustration, my friends! The Ford agent, who processed my initial request, has requested some high-spec info on my first encounter with the commercial - which I gave to him in a very meticulous and eloquent manner. Why? Just so that he could simply forward it to their "research department"!!! Do they really need to "research" their own commercials?!! If you asked me my name, I wouldn't go into my wallet and look at my driver's license to tell it to you, would I?!! It seems almost ridiculous that it should take them this long to answer this exact same question from either one of us!! No wonder their auto-technology is behind the Japs 10 years or so!!! (He-heh...) But that's enough ripping at Ford for me. I guess this kind of systematic approach to inquiry processing is inevitable, when you are talking about a huge world-class company. They must be getting six-figure numbers of all kinds of e-mail every day, especially lately, since they are an official sponsor for American Idol. And at least they haven't ignored us completely - like Fox did. (It would be just as easy, if not easier, for them to provide such data, since they have legal copyright/credits info about everything they broadcast.) ... Anyways, the agent that was dealing with me at Ford has just sent me an e-mail saying that he has now forwarded all my info to their research department and that I should be getting an answer sometime soon (i.e. another week...) ...So keep your fingers crossed, and in the meantime, continue your search strings... ...Ipierce13, keep on listenin' to your stuff, my friend. ...Hey, Vocal! I like your "visual" idea, he-heh...
As for me, meanwhile this search is initiated, I will continue my work on my own ambient piece currently in progress. (It was originally a request for music to serve as background for a mini-play of "Adam & Eve" at a wedding , but as my spontaneous creativity began to turn it into something more, I abandoned the "play" idea and am now determined to turn it into a full, separate debut piece for an ambient/electronic project.) ...oOPs !!! I'm rumbling again... Sorry 'bout that... Keep on posting, people!!!

Peace
Maestro Al

...Yo! It's me again! Browsed all over the web... There is a composing agency called Joe & Co. They do tons of work for film, TV drama, and commercials. They have had clients such as Coca Cola and yes, Ford!!! We should try asking them! They are at www.joeandco.com. Perhaps you can even attach that Quicktime video we found at escape-central? Remember: the more people - the more valid is the request.

Chao...

Not sure but check out

CHILDREN OF THE SUN by BILLY THORPE

This could be it.

Well, neither Amazon nor Napster are know for choosing the most representative 30 seconds, at least, in my experience. That being said, the sample I heard was definitely not it, so unless the music changes drastically later on, I doubt that's what we're looking for.
But thanks for the tip, that's already something - maybe we can find the piece by elimination. :) Might take a while, but hey, not that other roads so far have been faster.

Btw, just in case there was some confusion with song titles, I went ahead and checked out all the provided samples, and neither one of them sounded like what we are (or at least, I am) looking for, not in the 30 seconds provided, anyway.
I'd say that even overall, the feel of the music is completely different. The album on Amazon is much heavier and more intense. The music from the commercial is barely there, but hauntingly beautiful (imho).
But I kind of liked what I heard on amazon, so thanks for bringing this music to my attention!

:( It is with a heavy heart, that I must break these news to you, people. Ford has just replied to me. Here's what they said:

"Thank you for your patience while we researched your inquiry regarding
our television commercial.

According to our resources, the music featured in this commercial is
from Machine Head Music Studio. It was produced specifically for the
commercial, and is not commercially available.

We hope this is of assistance.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely,
Bill
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center"

This is from Ford themselves. I'm sorry friends, but the only faint hope would be to contact Machine Head Studio and ask if there is any way they could release this piece on a demo compilation or something like that. But I'm sure that they can't do it due to various legal copyright and publishing issues... I'm sorry..... :(

Dang... I liked this music so much I googled "Ford Escape Advertisement Music" and ended up here.. then made an account to post.. and just saw now that I can't get it.. =/ .. buggers..

Noooooo! That's horrible news! I was so looking forward to owning that piece of music, and now that perfection is unattainable? I can't believe they'd just make 30 seconds of that beauty and stop there!
Well, in any case, thanks for letting us know, Maestro. I'm still waiting for Ford to get back to me, if somehow they give me a different answer, I'll post here (hopefully, within the next few days, as I've e-mailed Ford even before Maestro, but his CS representative must have been more quick than mine).
I do think that it's a good idea to contact the place that wrote the music. You never know... I'll try tomorrow.

hey listen up

The company that made this music for Ford ripped off a real song that I heard on the radio about 2-3 years ago, and the real song is even better. I never heard what it was called at the time or the band but I've been looking and I know it exists somewhere, I think a DJ somewhere might know what it is called.

SOS DJs

keep up the search

monkey

It sounds like it but its not the same ... I cant stop listening to the commercial , this is music from heaven :p

Everyone send mails to Ford ... when they see hundreds of people want it they'll probably listen to us

Hi,
I believe the song you are looking for is by Tears for Fears. It is called "Working Hour" and can be found on Songs from the Big Chair. The Ford (and Volvo) commercial versions of it are subdued and toned down. It is also on a Tears for Fears CD called Saturnine Martial and Lunatic---on that CD it is called "When in Love with a Blind Man".....it has words on this version, but the melody is the same as "Working Hour."

Originally posted by searcher123@Mar 31 2005, 06:36 AM
Hi,
I believe the song you are looking for is by Tears for Fears. It is called "Working Hour" and can be found on Songs from the Big Chair. The Ford (and Volvo) commercial versions of it are subdued and toned down. It is also on a Tears for Fears CD called Saturnine Martial and Lunatic---on that CD it is called "When in Love with a Blind Man".....it has words on this version, but the melody is the same as "Working Hour."
no, i dont think thats the song we're looking for. To me, it doesnt sound anything like the commercial

thats definitlely not it but i think the band that created the music is located at :

www.machinehead.com, which is diff't from the heavy metal band

Ah well, i contacted machinehead and awaiting a reply.

hope to have good news!...

This was an email i sent to Machine Head Studios....ill post the Reply from them when i get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would first like to thank you in advance for your time and consideration in helping me with my question.

Myself, along with honestly, thousands of other people ive talked to, are wondering about the music for the Ford Escape commercial.

Ford has replyed to peoples questions about the song, telling us that Machine Head Studios has produced this music....

A few people have also commented that this tiny bit of music was taken from an original song, thats much longer and detailed....

I am speaking on behalf of thousands of people, and we all desperatly need to know where is song is taken from...or how we could get a copy...

Thank you again,

Vanessa

Back