2010 Lincoln MKT "Under the Milky Way"

shamusl

Reaction score
This commercial for a lincoln crossover/SUV looking vehicle (called the MKX/MKT, not sure which) came on during house tonight.

It featured a female singing, I'm unable to find anything else about this commercial out, but it feels like I wont sleep tonight until I've found this song. So far fox has not replayed this commercial. It aired on episode 3 of season 6 of house on 10/5/2009.

Re: New Lincoln MKT/MKX Commercial aired during house tonight - any ideas?

It's for the Lincoln MKT.

It's a cover of "Under the Milky Way". I didn't catch enough of it to rule out the Nicole Atkins version, but based on the previous cover song commercials from Lincoln this year, I'd say it's a new cover.

I think it might be the Nicole Atkins version, since the original "Under the Milky Way" was done by The Church back in '88.

Good catch leone.

p.s.

You can listen to a snippet (or the get the whole download here):

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EW6W9G/?tag=adtunes-20

Last edited:

Haven't seen it yet. Perhaps one of the mixes by Aventine (Renee Hibbert)?

Seems like they would use Shiny Toy Guns again for the (third) Lincoln commercial cover, no?

Also having trouble figuring this out. The Aventine version is too slow. Couldn't find a version by Zero 7 or Sia. Went through all the versions available on iTunes, but no. Would make sense that it might be Shiny Toy Guns, but they haven't said anything about it yet. The vocals in Nicole Atkins version sound like the right one, but the accompaniment is all wrong. Maybe it's a Nicole Atkins Remix?

It is SIA.

I work at the agency that made the ad. Not working on this campaign but love what they are doing with the music.

It is SIA.

I work at the agency that made the ad. Not working on this campaign but love what they are doing with the music.
Thanks for the info. What ad agency do you work for?

is this song a seven nations song "under the milky way" they re a celtic rock band that is really good go to sevennations.com it's a album that came out early 2000

I didn't know it was a cover--sings it in the commerical I don't know this is as close as I can get

Its Sia. I remember her saying something about a top secret song on her twitter page. She has a new album coming out in Feb. so im assuming it will be out soon

Also having trouble figuring this out. The Aventine version is too slow. Couldn't find a version by Zero 7 or Sia. Went through all the versions available on iTunes, but no. Would make sense that it might be Shiny Toy Guns, but they haven't said anything about it yet. The vocals in Nicole Atkins version sound like the right one, but the accompaniment is all wrong. Maybe it's a Nicole Atkins Remix?
I think it sounds a lot like Tina Dico, who also sang on Zero 7s past CDS.

Although it's not the version from the commercial, there is also a great cover by an artist known as What Bird.

rhino 939, i know the seven nations version of "under the milky way" great version!!! and great band, i have been a fan for many years :)

thank you guys so much for your existence! I almost drove myself crazy trying to find this song, thinking it was a mercedes! :unsure::unsure::unsure:

IT'S FINALLY OUT!

Go to lincoln.com, click on media and events at the top, then click tv ads on the left submenu, then click on the MKT ad on the tv ads page, then click on download in the window that comes up! That's why I love lincoln... they always post free copies of their ad songs!

Back