Star Trek

Re: Star Trek XI

Wow. That music from 'Two Steps to Hell' sounds almost identical to Brian Tyler's "War Begins" from his score to 'Children of Dune.' There are only subtle differences.

Man ! The Two Steps From Hell Cue Sounds just like The Children of Dune Cue.
Is that legal ?

Cool. I love the soundtrack for Children of Dune. The whole soundtrack is one of the best out there. But that clip is a little different than what is on the official OST. It still sounds like Two Steps from Hell.

This is Nick Phoenix. The ST trailer uses Down With The Enterprise and War Begins. Down With The Enterprise is like an extension of War Begins. I think it is officially being called a remix of War Begins to make everyone happy.

This is Nick Phoenix. The ST trailer uses Down With The Enterprise and War Begins. Down With The Enterprise is like an extension of War Begins. I think it is officially being called a remix of War Begins to make everyone happy.

Thank you, Mr. Phoenix. I hope this will help everyone understand coming from the Phoenix Source like it does.

Here is Mr. Phoenix's web page:

http://www.nickphoenix.com/index.php?page=home

Great music!!!

This forum never lets me down. This is an awesome trailer and the score just puts it over the top. Just hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those cases where the trailer score outshines the actual movie score.

"War Begins" from CHILDREN OF DUNE had to be licensed because "Down With The Enterprise" was deemed too similiar. I believe an extended loop of "War Begins" was recorded in Los Angeles expressly for the STAR TREK trailer.

"War Begins" from CHILDREN OF DUNE had to be licensed because "Down With The Enterprise" was deemed too similiar. I believe an extended loop of "War Begins" was recorded in Los Angeles expressly for the STAR TREK trailer.

Did you read the post by Nick Phoenix, the composer of "Down With the Enterprise" just a few posts above yours?

Yeah .... "Down with the Ship" came out a couple of years ago ....... definitely a a "War Begins" sound alike . It sounds like Two Steps from Hell changed it a bit, renamed it "Down with Enterprise"and then they mixed it together with "War Begins". "The Composer" can say what ever he wants, but I think the truth is obvious.
I can't believe all these trailer songs that sound like they were lifted from real scores with a couple of notes changed .........

Back