Desperate Housewives Season 1

inhermind

Reaction score
Does anyone know who sings the song on the commercial for ABC's Desperate Housewives? It has female vocals and kind of this jazzy dreamy sound.

Does anyone know the name of the song and the artist who does it?? It's on the trailer for Desperate Housewives. Unfortunately, that's the limit of my information.

that looks like an interesting show...i'll try and listen harder next time i see it :)

This one has been driving me nuts also I remember very little of the lyrics but the commercial i saw was in a grocery store and it was a female voice sing Mr. grocer basically singing about wanting things on certain isles it sounded jazzy but almost like a remake of an older song and ive been waiting to see it again to get a better clue of the lyrics but it hasn't been on,

My understanding is that the song is called "Come On Closer" by Jem. I figured I'd contribute since you all helped me identify that damn JCPenny song.

EDIT: After listening to the song, it is definitely Jem - Come on Closer

Thanks for letting us know Ryan. :)

You can find the song "Come on Closer" on Jem's album "Finally Woken." Link goes to available audio sample, track 2.

Thank you thank you thank you I knew I was insane but come on closer and Mr. grocer are a bit off <sigh> well thank God someone knew it YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Can somene please tell me the name of that old song from the desperate housewives promo it sounds like they are saying "that magic or black magic

That's way pre70's though. Try "Strange Magic" by ELO for the 70's.

Got any other lyrics? Male/Female vocals? Style/gendre? Stuff like that?

Originally posted by givemfitz@Aug 24 2004, 08:21 PM
Got any other lyrics? Male/Female vocals? Style/gendre? Stuff like that?
They are male vocals and it has a Styx/ELO sound style to it and i think one of the lyrics might be "higher and higher"

Originally posted by givemfitz@Aug 24 2004, 08:30 PM
"Livin' Thing" ELO ;)
thats just one of them though :) ugh this song is going to kill me! LOL i feel like writing to abc and asking them ;)

In the desperate housewives commercial I heard last night (yesterday during Big Brother or Amazing Race, I think) it starts out with a classical piece that lasts only about 5 seconds...sounds like a cello, maybe with violins, too. I have heard the same piece of music in several films lately, and it drives me nuts because I don't know what it is. I think I first heard in a jewlrey ad several years ago and it has plagued me ever since. Anyone know what this is?

Back