Worst Re-makes

thesassycynic

Pro Member
Reaction score
So, I saw a Wendy's commercial tonight with the worst re-make of "Magic Carpet Ride". I don't know who it was, but it sucked.

So, what's the worst re-make you've ever heard? My vote goes for Vanessa Carlton's version of "Paint It Black". Ugh, it's awful.

i hate any remake. since pretty much all songs are remakes nowadays...

Someone did a 'Boys of Summer' remake recently that I heard on the radio, I can't remember who it was but the original is so much better.

It's by the Ataris.. unless someone did another cover.

Jessica Simpson - Take My Breath away
Jessican Simpson and Nick lachey - Baby It's Cold Outside
Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams
Jessica Simpson - These Boots Were Made for Walking

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Jun 13 2006, 12:23 PM
Right? SOOO bad. I really hate it when kids get their first exposure to a classic song through the shitty remake by some pop panflash. And yes I called Marilyn Manson POP.

Originally posted by dascoot+Jun 13 2006, 12:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot @ Jun 13 2006, 12:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sir_Garland@Jun 13 2006, 12:23 PM
Right? SOOO bad. I really hate it when kids get their first exposure to a classic song through the shitty remake by some pop panflash. And yes I called Marilyn Manson POP. [/b][/quote]
:lol: I know right? Back when I was in competition cheerleading we had these classes at this gym and they would always have all kinds of music playing and one time Under Pressure started playing and this girl says, "OMG!! Somebody stole the music from Vanilla Ice!!" :lol:

Edit cause we were talking about remakes and I threw some randomness out there. Oops. I guess it's kinda related but not really. :duh:

Hahahah I hope you punched her. Oh and MC Hammer stealing Superfreak. Sampling in general, it's not remakes but it's still bad bad bad stuff.

i cant stand it really. nowadays everyone seems to take other peoples songs
(black eyed peas stole 2 in 2 weeks -_-). i mean both remakes and remixes and covers and whatever. ugh

if you look close completely original songs are very rare. they always borrow something.

now for something less negative i had a tasty hamburger :)

I approve of this topic, and agree with every example. :D I have no problem with a cover or remake if it is done well and has something new to offer creatively. But I think most are terrible.

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Jun 13 2006, 01:31 PM
Back when I was in competition cheerleading we had these classes at this gym and they would always have all kinds of music playing and one time Under Pressure started playing and this girl says, "OMG!! Somebody stole the music from Vanilla Ice!!" :lol:
That reminds me, some new band redid Under Pressure. :mellow:

Examples of good ones:

Crosby Stills & Nash - Woodstock
Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower
Santana - Black Magic Woman

^ Please note these were all done decades ago. Take the hint, P Doodly.

Originally posted by leone+Jun 14 2006, 02:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leone @ Jun 14 2006, 02:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sir_Garland@Jun 13 2006, 01:31 PM
Back when I was in competition cheerleading we had these classes at this gym and they would always have all kinds of music playing and one time Under Pressure started playing and this girl says, "OMG!! Somebody stole the music from Vanilla Ice!!"  :lol:
That reminds me, some new band redid Under Pressure. :mellow: [/b][/quote]
*chik chik* Clocktower? :naughty:

what do you guys think of cover albums? def leppard just released one (different versions for walmart, best buy and target where each get exclusive extra tracks...wtf is up with that!!). i know lep ain't cool nowadays (or ever?!!), but i'm an 80s child, what can i say?!!!

Back